Another Cablevision Blunder

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dish Roamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Anyone see this. Sorry if it has been posted

Error Puts Strippers on Public Access TV

Sat Apr 2, 1:49 AM ET Strange News - AP

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. - Viewers expecting to see the latest local meeting on their public access channel got an eyeful recently when Cablevision played a tape of nude dancers accidentally.

The mistake affected customers in parts of Dutchess, Ulster, Putnam and Orange counties.

Hopewell Junction resident George Morton returned home from Palm Sunday Mass and turned on his television to see a striptease contest.

"I thought, this is terrible," Morton said. "I don't get HBO or anything like that."

Cablevision said Thursday it was not a public access program and that a "program switching error" occurred.

"When it was detected, the programming was removed immediately," Cablevision spokesman Bill Powers said. "We have taken appropriate steps to prevent this from happening again."

Morton said he planned to file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission.

Wayne

And what on earth does this have to do with Vooms sat service? Whay is it even in this forum other than to slam cablevision?

vurbano said:
And what on earth does this have to do with Vooms sat service? Whay is it even in this forum other than to slam cablevision?

Sorry Your Majesty. :rolleyes:

dishroamer and rhodemaster,

lord FORBID anyone say any thing that even MIGHT be considered a slight toward voom, dolan or cvc. they will attack from all sides!!! you must forgive them, their nerves are frayed beyond belief.

Rhodemaster said:
Any decent topic is allowed, Voom related or not.
The above is a quote from the Chit Chat Welcome thread. ;)
That's right. Now since this thread has been moved from "VOOM News" to "VOOM Chit Chat" everything is fine. ;)

dragon002 said:
dishroamer and rhodemaster,

lord FORBID anyone say any thing that even MIGHT be considered a slight toward voom, dolan or cvc. they will attack from all sides!!! you must forgive them, their nerves are frayed beyond belief.

Ah... dragon002.... How come it does not surprise me :rolleyes:

Thanks for moving this to the appropriate Thread. Everything seems to get blown out of proportion.

I simply started a thread in the wrong forum. I was not bashing Cablevision, I just thought that the information was funny thats all.

Wayne

Sean Mota said:
Ah... dragon002.... How come it does not surprise me :rolleyes:

sean,

just calling em as i see em, are we all not allowed our own views, or is this a dolan cheerleading class??

dragon

dragon002 said:
sean,

just calling em as i see em, are we all not allowed our own views, or is this a dolan cheerleading class??

dragon

You call them as you own bias sees it. That's evident in every post of yours. Wondering if you hate VOOM so much as to make it your agenda to crowd every thread with your venom, what you are doing here. There's no reason for you childish. Just leave the VoOMers alone. They come here to ask questions and get information not to be bombarded with your nonsense.

Just for the record, I thought the original post in this thread was funny. :D

Sean, it's bad enough that Dragon002 feels he has to crowd every thread, but it's even worse that he feels he has to continue to send PMs to people (myself, specifically) who have already advised him that PMs from him are unwelcome and will be made public. Got this one last evening about 5:30 PM, under the heading: ota.
dragon002 said:
ota antenna is shipped along with the dish and irds. the diplexers and remotes come at a later date via ups

ps vooms DONE
Too bad the ignore feature can't put a lock on the offender's access to our PM address. I won't shut off my PMs just to rid myself of him...but I'll assure him again that they are unwelcome, and that every single one will end up public, if he continues. That's not a threat...that's a promise. Vicki

Isn't it unbeliable that he has to resolve to this type of childish behavior? Gee, this is just unbelievable... what a character?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)