Another Directv Lie!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SPECIES11703

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
On Friday the 16th of June, I ordered a Directv DVR R15 from DirecTV. I have 2 Directv DVR's (Tivo) I wanted to try the R15 to see how this unit worked for me. Well Saturday the 17th arrived so did the DVR but instead of The R15 I got another R10(Tivo) I called DirecTV to notify the of the Mis Shipped receiver. They told me that I would get "WHATEVER WAS IN STOCK" I said no, you ship me what I ordered! So after going back and fourth for 20 minutes I canceled the order, received a credit on my account for the receiver plus the shipping charge. So heres DirecTv at another lie for them. I love my Tivo's i'll stick with them. This is definitely an omen I experienced today!:mad:

Can you please post your order or what link you used? I would like to read the terms of the sale. Also, why not just order from one of the sponsors? I doubt this is any lie, sounds more like a mis-ship or some unread terms; not saying is is or isn't but I would love to investigate it simply because I have seen others like this that turned out to be something that was listed in the terms at order.

charper1 said:
Can you please post your order or what link you used? I would like to read the terms of the sale. Also, why not just order from one of the sponsors? I doubt this is any lie, sounds more like a mis-ship or some unread terms; not saying is is or isn't but I would love to investigate it simply because I have seen others like this that turned out to be something that was listed in the terms at order.

I odered thru DirecTv's 800#. The CSR never mentioned that they would send me something else if they did not have the item in stock.

Here is the terms and conditions on Directv.com:

Terms and Conditions

By placing this order you agree to the following terms and conditions:

Offer for existing residential customers only with accounts in good standing, as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion.

If you cancel your order prior to installation, we will issue a full refund.

You will activate your DIRECTV® service within 30 days of placing your order or be subject to a non-activation fee of $150 per receiver.

Offer requires you to purchase 12 consecutive months (24 consecutive months for advanced equipment) of any TOTAL CHOICE® ($44.99/mo. or above) or DIRECTV PARA TODOS® programming package ($29.99/mo. or above).

You must activate and maintain DVR service if you leased a DVR or HD DVR ($5.99/mo.). In certain markets, programming and pricing may vary. DIRECTV PROGRAMMING AND PRICING SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME.

You accept the $4.99/mo. lease fee for the second and each additional receiver.

Your receiver must be continuously connected to a land-based phone line to activate certain sports programming and to allow pay per view ordering by remote control.

If you fail to maintain your programming commitment, you agree that DIRECTV may charge you a prorated fee of up to $150 for standard equipment or $300 for advanced receivers within 7 days of downgrading or disconnecting your programming.

Leased equipment must be returned upon disconnect. If you do not return equipment, DIRECTV may charge a fee of up to $55 per standard, $200 per DVR, $240 per HD and/or $470 per HD DVR.

If you cease to be DIRECTV's customer for any reason (whether voluntarily or involuntarily), you must call DIRECTV within five (5) days after the termination of your DIRECTV programming services to (i) make arrangements for DIRECTV to pick up all of your DIRECTV equipment; or (ii) obtain information from DIRECTV necessary to arrange for a ground or air freight service to pick up and deliver all of your DIRECTV equipment to DIRECTV.

You and DIRECTV agree that any dispute arising under or relating to your agreements or service with DIRECTV, which cannot be resolved informally, will be resolved through binding arbitration as fully set forth in your DIRECTV Customer Agreement (a copy is sent with your first bill but may also be viewed at DIRECTV.com). Arbitration means you waive your right to a jury trial.

I followed a test procedure just now and no where did it mention, list or show where or how I could specifically select a model. Nor did it say at the near compleation what exact model.

Not that their order system is perfect, but just trying to understand what happened to you; are you saying the CSR told you you were getting an R15 or were you just expecting the R15? If a CSR said it, did you make sure to document their ID and/or name and get a conformation number?

I have always read that if you go through DirecTV you get what they send and should try to always order via someone like Value Electronics to ask for something specific. Also, I was really meaning can you show your paperwork, your specific order/terms that you were to get the R15, not just the terms of lease C&P from the website.

Just asking, cause I have sent a few friends there to look and hoping they don't order thinking its a better deal; especially if there is no language specifying what DVR model is coming upfront.

Last edited:
I can comfirm that if the csr told you you would be getting an r15 that they are your run of the mill idiot D* csr. There is no way in the D* ordering system to specify a particular model of IRD. They ship whatever stock is on hand at the warehouse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts