Another Dish installer No show!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

giddy169

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I had an appointment for my dish and receivers to be upgraded from 8-12 yesterday. At 12:30 and no one showed I gave Dish a call and they told me they were running late but now would be there from 1-5! This started to get irritating because I work 7 days a week and when I don't work I have to pay someone else to work for me. So after waiting until 4:30 I gave them another call and they assured me they just talked to the installer and he would be here in 15 to 20 minutes! Guess what no one showed up and at 5:30 I finally received a call from Dish asking if my installer was there. Of course he wasn't and they wanted to reschedule. This is such BS I have been a customer from about day 1 of them coming to the area and they can't even get anyone out here after I take the day off work and shell out $300 for two more LEASED receivers. I am thinking about going to Directv after this the only problem is I get the locals through mydistantnetworks and I don't know if Direct could give those to me.

On top of all that I asked for a little compensation for my wasted day and they said they couldn't give me anything!!

This made me so pissed! Anyone else have similar experiences?

When I signed up, I called a local dealer and they took care of everything. I didnot even deal with dish until the activation stage. It worked sowell, that when I need to purchse new equipment, I deal with my dealer.

Installers for both my original install 7years ago and my HD upgrade 2 months ago did not show up on the first two schedulings. The third time was the charm. I sent Dish an email the second time suggesting compensation for time missed from work, but no response. My 2nd installer told me he works 6-7 days per week, 10-12 hours per day and does the best he can, but has no control over the scheduling.
I tried to get a local installer for the HD upgrade, but they said they can't do it because they didn't do the original installation. All said and done, had I known the hassle, I would have gone with the local installer to begin with and saved money over the "free" installation, but that is 20/20 hindsight.

I'm waiting for the influx of responses from installers on here who make excuses for everything.
Not from this tech. No call no shows are inexcusable. I precall every customer. I give them a two to three hour window and offder a heads up call whn I ma on my way. If I get in the weeds on a job I call the next customers and let them know I am running late. If it gets ridiculous I call my disaptch office and ask to have another tech cover the job.
I work for aDNS contractor. We cover all jobs assigned. We try to work with our cuistomers for their convenience.
Now to be fair, it's pretty difficult to work with some one in the OP's situation . He states he works 7 days a week. This leaves us with no wiggle room whatsoever. I believe the tech//customer relationship must be a two way street. We try our best to work with customers. But please no miracles.
Again, no call no shows are inexcusable.

I had an appointment for my dish and receivers to be upgraded from 8-12 yesterday. At 12:30 and no one showed I gave Dish a call and they told me they were running late but now would be there from 1-5! This started to get irritating because I work 7 days a week and when I don't work I have to pay someone else to work for me. So after waiting until 4:30 I gave them another call and they assured me they just talked to the installer and he would be here in 15 to 20 minutes! Guess what no one showed up and at 5:30 I finally received a call from Dish asking if my installer was there. Of course he wasn't and they wanted to reschedule. This is such BS I have been a customer from about day 1 of them coming to the area and they can't even get anyone out here after I take the day off work and shell out $300 for two more LEASED receivers. I am thinking about going to Directv after this the only problem is I get the locals through mydistantnetworks and I don't know if Direct could give those to me.

On top of all that I asked for a little compensation for my wasted day and they said they couldn't give me anything!!

This made me so pissed! Anyone else have similar experiences?

Part of the problem is that Dish loves to pretend to be an "airline" and overbook, just in case jobs drop out.

We are suppose to do 6 points of work per hour on a job. Yet we regulary get sent out with 80 - 90 points of work for the day. That works out to 13 -15 hours of work not including travel time. And we are suppose to be to our last AM job by 12 noon and our last PM job by 5 PM. The math just doesn't add up to it.

In your case the tech may have been overbooked that morning or got hung-up on a job. I don't know.

I'm not making excuses, just telling you the way it is. We techs think it is idiotic and sux too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts