Another Dish Screwup...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
mlb said:
When my dish was installed a few weeks ago the installer got pissed when I made him run all new RG6 instead of reusing the lines Time Warner ran. I came to find out later that he is not allowed to use Time Warner's cable anyway (2nd installer who came out told me this). Maybe the installer above works hard and takes pride in what he does, but not all Dish installers do this.

HUH??????

It's not ANYONE'S cable once it is installed in your home; it becomes your property. And to be honest, if the cable is of decent quality and grade, you bet I'll take advantage of that situation. Sounds to me like the 2nd tech was just trying to pacify you AND make himself look better by bringing down the 1st installer. Kind of like parking an average car next to a beat up Yugo :p

Usually CableTV cable is RG59 which is not good for Satellite TV. I would have told him to run a new cable as well.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Usually CableTV cable is RG59 which is not good for Satellite TV. I would have told him to run a new cable as well.
Maybe in the old days, my cable co uses nothing less than RG6

srs913, i have a business and there are some days i dont like it but i'ts mine and i do my best always.

I deal w/ people who sometimes are unpleasant, some dont speak well or behave well or smell good.

But i dont think of them as trash, i call them CUSTOMERS.

If you cant see the people you serve that way, then you need a new line of work.

Same thing happened to me. The installer company does not carry 622 only 211s. Dish failed to ship me the 622 the first time. I do not know why it is so hard for them to do the order correctly. After the second try, I received the 622 on the mail and re-schedule for another appointment.

srs913 said:
And I'll make it real simple here without attacking anyone personally, old people and dvr's don't mix, thats the only point im trying to make.

Actually old people and VCR recording don't mix as well as DVR's and old people. DVR's are pretty fool-proof until you get into overlapping timers and what not. But to play back buffered content and skipping commercials are pretty idiot-proof operations anyone can do.

Scott Greczkowski said:
In areas where digital cable is the norm, cable companies use quad-shield RG6 more than anything.

Apartments are a different story though since putting new cabling in the apartment does little to the possible existing RG59 that may be running throughout the electrical closets in the apartment and to the street.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
Actually old people and VCR recording don't mix as well as DVR's and old people. DVR's are pretty fool-proof until you get into overlapping timers and what not. But to play back buffered content and skipping commercials are pretty idiot-proof operations anyone can do.

I agree - assumming everything works as planned but when you have to start factoring in things like "power button re-boots", switch checks, etc as is often required to be able to co-exist with Dish Network equipment, that's where a lot of subs get lost. That doesn't necessarly have do with age or anything - you just have to know a little more for the high end receivers because they're often buggy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts