Another DPP44 question

FredC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hello again!

Will a DPP44 work with a Dish 500 w/a Quad LNB ? I know Iceberg said it would, and I should trust him, but Dish told me it would not, I have to change the LNB to a DPPtwin. Are they correct, or are they just trying to get me to spend $300.00 (all parts & install):eek: . I'm good enough to install a DPP44 and normally could even change the LNB, but got hurt at work & can't climb!

Please, don't be upset about my questioning:confused: , but I've gotten so many different answers, each one costs more $, I don't know what to do. All I want to do is add a 625 to my system using one feed. I have a 522 (2 feeds) a 508 and 510, one feed each.

Thanks for the help! :) Fred

A DP Quad will work fine. Just use ports 1 & 2 to feed the switch. A DP Twin would work too.

The DPP Twin would be a stupid choice in your configuration.

Here's your earlier questions. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=802589#post802589

If Iceberg says something, you could bet your pay check on it. :)
But if you are getting wet and Dish says it's raining, you should still look up and see.:D But they're still learning and getting better.

What you want to do is on Page 11:
http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwo...des/DISH_Pro_Quad_LNBF_Installation_Guide.pdf
Just ignore the 3rd satellite signal, and use a DPP44 instead of the DP34.

Per Page 4 and 5, you must connect either Ports 1 & 2; or Ports 3 and 4, to the DPP44. However, I believe I have read where someone said they had a problem using one pair instead of the other; but according to the manual, either pair will work, you just cannot use one cable from each pair when going to a switch.

As Iceberg said, with the DP Quad and the DPP44, you can feed upto 6 receivers.
After feeding the DPP44, the DP Quad can feed either 2 single or 1 dual tuner receivers.
Then the DPP44 can feed 4 receivers; either single tuners, or dual tuners with a DPP Separator.

Edit: I don't think this will be an issue for you, but I believe the distance from the Dish to the DPP44, plus the DPP44 to the 625, can not be more than 200 feet total.

Last edited:
Is there an easy way, without going on the roof and looking on the LNB, to figure which feeds you are using?

Run a "Check Switch" on each receiver and see what it says. I think it will have a number by the LNBF which represents the Ports.

But I don't have a Quad to test.

Per Page 4 and 5, you must connect either Ports 1 & 2; or Ports 3 and 4, to the DPP44. However, I believe I have read where someone said they had a problem using one pair instead of the other; but according to the manual, either pair will work, you just cannot use one cable from each pair when going to a switch.

I don't know if this is revelant, as my question was pertaining(sp) to a dp34, I was having trouble with my dp34 switch, quad w/1&2 to the switch, webbydude said I should have either1&4 or 2&3 to the switch.

I do not know if this also applies to a dpp44 switch, but I am going to pm him & ask him to comment

Jordan

My personal experience has shown when using a DP Quad with a switch, you have to either use the inside or outside pairs (1&4 or 2&3) when connecting to a switch.

(Thanks for the PM Jordan. I *just* got in the door from a bone-freezing day installing...LOL)

ALL HAIL DISH TECH'S :hatsoff: !!!! I beg forgiveness from you all, for I don't know what the heck I'm doing :confused: . the Tech's who install this stuff everyday know whats up. The CSR may be trying to be helpful, but may not know. Thats how I bought a leased receiver on E-Bay after Dish told me it was clean (they transposed the last 2 numbers :mad: ) At least I'm getting a refund through PayPal and Dish is trying to make me happy.

I really appriciate all of your help, and promise never to question you guys again! I'll be looking for a DPP44 and trying to install it soon.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!:)

I don't know if this is revelant, as my question was pertaining(sp) to a dp34, I was having trouble with my dp34 switch, quad w/1&2 to the switch, webbydude said I should have either1&4 or 2&3 to the switch.

I do not know if this also applies to a dpp44 switch, but I am going to pm him & ask him to comment

Jordan

When I had a DP Quad going to two DP34s, I used ports 1 and 2 for one switch and ports 3 and 4 for the other switch.

I have this same configuration and it works fine. I use a DP Quad ports 1 and 2 to ports 1 and 2 of the DPP44. I have not had a single issue in over a year with this setup. You can also use ports 3 and 4 of the DP quad to feed additional receivers but obviously, only with the 119/110 feeds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)