Another dvr advantage bill question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
Eastern NC
I posted this in another thread, but figured I should ask out front instead of going off topic in a different thread:

I had dish hd silver, and 1 week later they changed to free 622, so I was a new customer and wanted in on that...

Mind you, I wanted to change to dvr advantage because it included locals, the dhpp, and dvr fees. Was supposed to be just 3.97 more than the dish hd silver , after adding the hd package to the dvr advantage pack... I currently have a credit balance of 107... I have no idea if they have my month to month straight or not.

02/03 02/03 DISHHD 02/03 TO 03/24 -34.19
02/03 02/03 DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE 02/03 TO 03/24 -73.48
02/03 02/03 DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE 02/03 TO 03/24 -10.22
02/03 02/03 HBO 02/03 TO 03/24 -25.62
02/03 02/03 DISHHD WITH 1 PREMIUM 02/03 TO 03/24 51.27
02/03 02/03 DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU 02/03 TO 03/24 -85.42 *
02/03 02/03 DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU 02/03 TO 03/24 85.42 * no idea why I was charged twice for this one...
02/03 02/03 DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU 02/03 TO 03/24 85.42
02/03 02/02 PARTNER MARKETING -80.01 *
02/02 02/01 DHA DISHHD SILVER -59.99 *
02/02 02/01 DHA DISHHD SILVER -59.99 * these three items were suppose to credit back the cost of the dvr that I paid for (199.99)

Does any of this make sense? I don't really know what the monthly bill is going to be or if they even have me set up in billing correctly now.

The first 4 items are credits for your previous package, prorated for almost 2 months.

The DVR Advantage that you think you were charged twice for is listed as a credit once and a fee 2 times. That nets out to one charge of 85.42 - I have no clue why they did that.

The middle part is the meat of what you're going to be charged. $51.27 + $85.42 = $136.69 for 7 weeks of service is approx. $84.55 per month.

You should be getting: $49.99(DVR Advantage) + $20 (HD) + $10(HBO) = $79.99

I don't know exactly how their prorating works, but to me it's off a little. Just looking at your credit for DVR service of $10.22 for 7 weeks. To me this would work out to $1.46 a week or $6.33 per month($1.46 * 4.333333333333) instead of the actual $5.98 monthly charge.

So is your bill correct?? Only God and Charlie know for sure. :D

Well, I was supposed to be getting hbo free for 3 months... as a new customer...

I guess I'm stuck waiting for the first real bill either at the end of this month or next month.

I was hoping for a $69.99 bill.

I was expecting it to include any dvr fee, dish home protection plan fee, lease fee, locals fee...whatever fees. Just 69.99 plus tax...

DVR Advantage Difficulties

I've had nothing but problems trying to get the DVR Advantage with HD and HBO.

I originally tried to sign up on the web, but got the dreaded "due to technical difficulties..." message.

So, I called Dish. First guy insisted no such plan existed. Next person said she added it to my package but nothing changed. Third person said they'd change it, and I did get the 200 channel package, HBO and HD. But then the billing was a mess, saying I signed up for Digital Home Advantage 200. They were charging me for DVR fees, local channel fees, etc.

So, I called again today and was told I was never put on the DVR Advantage. I was told I was "ineligible" because I was under an 18 month contract. Got hung up on when I asked for a supervisor.

Called back and got someone else that said they'd re-do it so I'm on DVR Advantage. Who knows if I've got it or not now... guess I'll have to look at my mess of a bill tomorrow again.

I've now spent more than 275 minutes of my cell phone time out of my 450 monthly minutes getting this sorted out (no land line here). I'm very frustrated.

I did just finally email CEO asking them to verify that I'm on the DVR Advantage 200 with HBO and HD and that my bill will be $79.99 a month - the $20 credits I should be getting for the 10 months.

It really shouldn't be this hard to switch plans, ya know? :(

Robert

Yeah it's crazy... a little training for the csr staff could go a long way. Dish and other companies need to get their damn heads on straight about this.

I had signed up online for DVR advatage, it even said I was signed up and gave me an option to print the page with a congrates and print now button.

My recent history showed DVR fees removed and then re-added but NO HBO and NO Adv plan.

Today I got an email from Tech support they said I am wrong, its not possible to sign up, in fact when you click the button you are then asked to call the 1-800 you are not signed up or given options.

GOOD THING I SCREEN PRINTED EVERYTHING WEB PAGE when I did it.

I emailed them back the screen prints asking if they have ever seen there own web page.

The department in the email from WEBMASTER.

When I converted to DVR Advantage from Dish HD Silver, I was told that "DVR Advantage does not include DHPP" so I would still see the $5.99/mo for DHPP. I do have one month of DHPP free as consolation for my Basic Warranty fee jumping up over 200%. I may need to get a hold of the Executive Offices for clarification, or else it's bu-bye to DHPP.

well, its not the end of the world if dhpp isnt included...I can live without it, esp if you can activate it and then call in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)