Another food recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY IS FOOD recalled???? is anything we eat safe anymore? Why dont they TEST food before thye feed us with it?

The problem, this time, is if you eat the dough uncooked. You cook it and it is just fine.

Technically you're not supposed to eat any kind of raw cookie dough because of the eggs. It's a good warning, because I, like many people, like to eat a little bit of the raw dough before baking the cookies.

the peanut butter scare was due to a hole in the plants roof, and bird turds were washing in, where was the health department?

the peanut butter scare was due to a hole in the plants roof, and bird turds were washing in, where was the health department?
I think I will never eat peanut butter again...gack!!! No quality control. Most food is produced or packaged from machines and the maintenance on the equipment is not adequate due to the high demands from consumers. :rant::(

Technically you're not supposed to eat any kind of raw cookie dough because of the eggs. It's a good warning, because I, like many people, like to eat a little bit of the raw dough before baking the cookies.

I like to eat it too.

...what ever happened to good ol quality control?
QC is statistically based, meaning that only a sample is tested. Even in an almost perfect manufacturing environment, "defects" will slip though. We can all pontificate about lack of QC, and reduced sampling is certainly one possible manifestation of cost control, but even the best companies with tight controls will occasionally release some defective product. A better characterization of the company is their response. Nestle's extensive voluntary recall and media release of the problem is about the best we can expect.

My wife is taking up the "make it from scratch" mantra thanks to my daughter's friends mother from down the street. This lady makes it all from scratch including shampoo and conditioner which while it does scare me a little I think is really cool and her home made pizza and bread sticks give me incentive enough to encourage my wife to go this route.

I went in to work lastnight and all of the nestle displays had been pulled and replaced with Pillsbury displays and filled with their product so the removal is complete. We still have to keep an eye out for mistakenly sent product from the warehouse because it takes time for the bulk items to be shipped back to the manufacturer.

I had a KP (kidney/pancreas) transplant and I have to be careful about stuff like this due to suppressed immune system. I now have to eat hamburgers/steaks WELL DONE. I used to eat steak medium rare. :( I like the idea of making stuff from scratch! I guess we all have to be careful with food items! --Mark

Boneheads R Us

Yet another food recall

CHICAGO (Reuters) – A Colorado meat company is expanding a recall of beef due to possible contamination by E.coli O157:H7 bacteria after an investigation found 18 illnesses may be linked to the meat, the U.S. Agriculture Department said on Sunday.
Greeley, Colorado-based JBS-Swift Beef Co is voluntarily expanding its June 24 recall to include about 380,000 lbs of assorted beef products, USDA said. The original recall was for 41,280 lbs.
The affected beef was produced on April 21 and was distributed nationally and internationally.
E.coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacteria that can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration, and, in severe cases, kidney failure. The very young, seniors, and persons with weak immune systems are at the most risk.
Consumers with questions can call 1-800-685-6328.
JBS Swift is a unit of Brazilian meat company JBS S.A..

CHICAGO (Reuters) – A Colorado meat company is expanding a recall of beef due to possible contamination by E.coli O157:H7 bacteria after an investigation found 18 illnesses may be linked to the meat, the U.S. Agriculture Department said on Sunday.
Greeley, Colorado-based JBS-Swift Beef Co is voluntarily expanding its June 24 recall to include about 380,000 lbs of assorted beef products, USDA said. The original recall was for 41,280 lbs.
The affected beef was produced on April 21 and was distributed nationally and internationally.
E.coli O157:H7 is a potentially deadly bacteria that can cause bloody diarrhea, dehydration, and, in severe cases, kidney failure. The very young, seniors, and persons with weak immune systems are at the most risk.
Consumers with questions can call 1-800-685-6328.
JBS Swift is a unit of Brazilian meat company JBS S.A..

That's the plant that used to be Monfort. The size of this thing is staggering. Driving past it in the summer took superhuman restraint, especially before we had a/c in the car.

They are careful to call Swift a Brazillian company, but didn't they move hq offshore from the US a few years ago for tax and liability reasons?

Is this a new one, or the one from 2 months ago?
It's the one from two months ago, the update was for which products the nuts went into which neither are ones that I've heard of anywhere from Michigan down to Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)