Another happy Dish to DirecTV convert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DaveP

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 11, 2003
I just switched from Dish to DirectTV this weekend and couldn't be happier. Bought my equipment from ValueElectronics. Had a good experience with them, the equipment, and DirecTV.

Seeing the difference in the equipment really makes me wonder how Dish is still in business - perhaps they're just getting lucky with enough people never seeing DirecTV's equipment. I was using a 6000, 501, and 2700 before, and have since upgraded to two R10's and an HR10-250. Initial impressions on some of the more hot issues: yes, the guide is quite usable on the R10. As most have pointed out, the guide is slower than a snail on the HR10-250, but all of the HD OTA guide data is wonderful (and so far, accurate). I haven't really noticed a difference in picture quality. The only downsides I've come across are that Tivos have a 30-minute pause buffer (501 had 60 minute), and I miss the PIP guide screen, although it's not too bad with the translucent overlay - as long as I can hear the audio, that's all that really matters.

Now to figure out how to use all these new features that I never had with Dish equipment...

Good Comments

DaveP thanks,

I am considering the E* to D* conversion. I have a 921, 510 and 2700. I have had Tivos (standalone) for years and really like the way they work. Since E* announced no NBR for 921 I have really been discussed. People that have not worked with NBRs just don't understand how important they are.

Love MY TIVOs - guess I will be selling my Tivo standalones and converting to the R10s with the Tivo HD...Thanks again.

By the way, where is the best buy on a HD Tivo???

Merry Christmas

I would run it by Value Electronics first, remember members here get an extra 10% off, that cant be bad! Nice story DaveP, good luck!

PSB said:
I would run it by Value Electronics first, remember members here get an extra 10% off, that cant be bad! Nice story DaveP, good luck!

**DISCLAIMER** Not on the HD Tivo. Either way, good place to call.

hancox said:
**DISCLAIMER** Not on the HD Tivo. Either way, good place to call.

They still have it advertised at $899, so it's still a good $100 off MSRP. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts