Another HD-DVD firmware update available

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I got a new HD-DVD today and in it was a small "important notice". It said:

In order to take advantage of newly available features on your HD DVD disc, your payer may need to be updated with the latest firmware updates. For additional information, please go to www.thelookandsoundofperfect.com

Sure enough, there was a new firmware update when I told my player to update. It is downloading now.

Well I do not think it did anything. I have version 2.0/1.0A/2.0S. The first time I tried it took about 5 minutes then said cannot find server. Now it says that I am up to date. So, perhaps their server was down or something the first time.

A lot of the movies needed the 2.0 firmware release for the HDi update in order to play on the A-1. There is supposed to be a firmware release coming for the A1/D1/XA1 series coming in February from what I have heard.

There is a firmware release now available for the A2.

S~

Mike,

You already have the firmware update. It was 2.0 that was released several months ago. This will give you the opportunity to take advantage of Dolby True HD audio on some of the HD-DVD discs. Teachsac thanks for the update on the new firmware update. Maybe it will speed up the time a bit on the A1. I would love if they could do an update to support 1080p for the A1/D1/XA1.

I agree that DTS-HD and a speed up would be nice. Has anyone hacked the A1 for component upconversion yet?

A lot of the movies needed the 2.0 firmware release for the HDi update in order to play on the A-1. There is supposed to be a firmware release coming for the A1/D1/XA1 series coming in February from what I have heard.

There is a firmware release now available for the A2.

S~

Elk Grove, CA. I use to live there by the Laguna Creek Racquet Club.... Now I'm a New Yorker :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts