another installation question for apartment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ctoddt

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
At my apartment there is just one cable running in from the outside and it is split several times inside to the various rooms. My question is, can I use a DP34 with just one line coming in from the sat and split it off to two receivers? I have a DishPro Twin LNBF. Is there an easier way to 'split'? I cannot run any new cables in the apartment.

Thanks

No. The DP34 requires two lines to run from the twin to ports 1 and 2.

You might want to look into a length of flat wire. You can use it to route a wire through a window or door frame. The catch is that it is not swept to Dishpro specs, so you might need a legacy Twin.

What specs are required for the flat wire, in case I find some somewhere.

test swept to 2250 hz. minimum. if you see a loss of even transponders, the cable isn't able to be used with dishpro. Legacy only maxes out at 1200hz, i believe, so it's not as much of an issue.

bcshields said:
test swept to 2250 hz. minimum. if you see a loss of even transponders, the cable isn't able to be used with dishpro. Legacy only maxes out at 1200hz, i believe, so it's not as much of an issue.
950-1450 mhz for Legacy. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)