another installer story

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
Well i went to swap out for my ex and my daughter their 301 for my 510. In the process I found out that the installer had ripped out of the power cord the grounding plug. That is easily fixable by cutting off the the old outlet and installing a new plug. He did it for it was plugged into a four way plug.

Secondly i've discovered that he never installed a grounding block on the cables before the enter the house. This install is just over two years old. What do you think are the odds if I write to complain that Dish will do gratis the fix, or minimal charge since it wasn't done correctly to begin with.? I know the dish is low on the side of the house and shouldn't be hit by lightning, but it doesn't meet the electrical code for not being grounded. I don't want anything to happen to my 510. Atleast now it's plugged into a surge protector.

Ron

Last edited:
I don't know but it wouldn't be that hard to fix yourself. They may do something about it though I really don't know.

wrote to dish

Well i wrote to Dish and they are willing to do th job gratis. Now all I have to do is get my ex to go along ith it. Don't think she understands.

Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)