Another Lost Newbie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CodemanDST

Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
Ok, I have read a number of threads but don't know which ones apply in my situation. Here is my current setup: Dish Network 500 dish with 4 feeds from the LNB going to 4 separate rooms in my house. 2 feeds currently have DVR and 2 do not. I recently purchased a HDTV monitor and want to upgrade one of the rooms to the DVR942 receiver. I know that it takes 2 satellite feeds to run this receiver (one for viewing the other for recording) but am not sure how to do this. Is it as simple as a splitter or will I have to remove a feed from another room? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US, CodemanDST. :)

With what you have now, you most likely will need a separate second line from the dish to the 942, meaning sacrifice one of your existing single-feed receivers. The newer DishPro Plus (dP+ or DPP, etc.) technology, released late last year/early this year I think, would allow you to use a DPP separator which resembles a splitter but internally is quite different.

Also, with the 942, both feeds can be used for viewing at the same time, or for recording at the same time. :)

I would just take one of your exisiting lines and run it into the 942. The 942 can output to one HD and one SD set, so connect the SD output to the TV that you removed the line from.

You still will control the same number of TVs with the same number of lines from the Dish.