Another Name Change Issue With Premium +

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MarkVA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Northern Virginia, USA
Folks -- First of all, thank you VERY MUCH for all the advice and responses to my recent difficulties with my GBox. It turned out that I did, indeed, have a broken sensor wire in one of my underground splices (courtesy of the FiOS installers!). I took off the motor on my ancient Superjack II and the gears looked like brand new. I went ahead and bought a couple of spare reed sensors, so the whole adventure cost me three days and $30.00.

I have a lingering issue with the channel list following the "Can't Find Channel List" error of a week or so ago. I successfully used Stargaze's listing from October 2010 along with the ACC and AZEdit programs to North Americanize my files with one exception. Stargaze's list had Galaxy 16 at 91 West, which was the case back then. But, it's now at 99W and Galaxy 17 is at 91W. My satellite list in the "Settings" area is correct, but the scanned channel list shows Galaxy 16 in both places. I deleted the incorrect Galaxy 16 and re-scanned Galaxy 17. However, Galaxy 16 still shows up in both locations in the channel list. So far, it hasn't caused any problems.

Any thoughts about how I might fix this?

On a related issue, how do you delete one or more specific channels on the "organize" tab in AZEdit? I could use the “Organize Sat & TP” tab to easily add and delete satellites and transponders. I'd like to get rid of the Galaxy 16 channels that realluy belong to Galaxy 17.

Thanks again!

I have a lingering issue with the channel list following the "Can't Find Channel List" error of a week or so ago. I successfully used Stargaze's listing from October 2010 along with the ACC and AZEdit programs to North Americanize my files with one exception. Stargaze's list had Galaxy 16 at 91 West, which was the case back then. But, it's now at 99W and Galaxy 17 is at 91W. My satellite list in the "Settings" area is correct, but the scanned channel list shows Galaxy 16 in both places. I deleted the incorrect Galaxy 16 and re-scanned Galaxy 17. However, Galaxy 16 still shows up in both locations in the channel list. So far, it hasn't caused any problems.

Any thoughts about how I might fix this?

On a related issue, how do you delete one or more specific channels on the "organize" tab in AZEdit? I could use the “Organize Sat & TP” tab to easily add and delete satellites and transponders. I'd like to get rid of the Galaxy 16 channels that realluy belong to Galaxy 17.

Thanks again!

Hey Mark,

It has been a long time since I talked with you or replied to any of your posts... I have been off-line for the majority of the summer season. Seems things get busier and busier all the time and I just get further behind in all my hobby projects.

Anyway, as for the satellite name in the settings area not matching the name in the scanned list, I have witnessed the same dilemna and I have not yet been able to figure that one out (short of starting all over from scratch). I have not read about anyone figuring this one out to my satisfaction as of yet.

My reccommendation at this time is, if the satellite orbital coordinates are correct and it is working acceptably, don't mess with it too much right now.

As for your last question about deleting specific channels using AZBoxEdit, I have never used this specific editor to delete channels or do anything. After checking here to reconfirm it, I don't even see an option for deleting channels in AZBoxEdit. I simply do not use this specifc utility program for anything other than viewing my lists.

Use MaZEdit 3.2.0.0 to edit the lists and use ACC V.1.1 by telesat to communicate and transfer the files back and forth between the AZBox and your PC. Or use your remote to edit and the ACC V.1.1 program for the communication go between. I don't always like to use the remote for editing, but if you follow the procedures in the AZBox A-Z Guide that StarGaze compiled you should at least have better luck with a lot more of these chores.

RADAR

Radar -- Thanks for your help. Welcome back - no apology needed! I haven't tried the MaZEdit 3.2.0.0, but, based on your experience, I will download it when I get back from my current trip.

Radar -- Thanks for your help. Welcome back - no apology needed! I haven't tried the MaZEdit 3.2.0.0, but, based on your experience, I will download it when I get back from my current trip.

Where are you visiting on your trip? Send pictures!

I hope you will excuse me if I am reiterating myself and harping on the use of the guide, but I feel that it is important.

When you return, make sure that you look up the sticky for the AZBox A-Z guide by StarGaze. This is a compilation of all the information, tips and tweaks and software to support the AZBox. It should be very well up to date with all of our information. Download it, print it out and read it thoroughly. Currently, the best I can do is to clarify any of the subjects in the guide. The guide contains all of the pertinent information from myself and StarGaze and multitudes of other AZBox users.

StarGaze compiled the A-Z guide from excerpts from the SatelliteGuys AZBox forum and from other external AZBox forums. It is one of the better, if not the best, HELP tools for any set top box that has been composed. It contains nearly everything that you need to be aware of and I am hard pressed to add anything to it at this time. Anything that I can tell you should be in this guide already. It is a large guide, but it is divided nicely into sections covering the specific tasks and operations of the AZBox. Please read it (if you have not already done so).

I spent a great deal of time and effort writing tips and tutorials regarding the operation of the AZBox. Many others have done the same. All of this information was researched and collected by StarGaze and put into the A-Z Guide. If you read this guide, you will find most everything that we all know. After you have digested the information from the guide we can add clarification and details if you require it. But, I definitely urge you to read the guide over very intensely.

RADAR

Last edited:
Radar -- I've actually used the guide pretty extensively. I even printed out a copy and put it in a 3-ring binder on the coffee table in the family room! For me, the section about backing up and the links to the editor programs were very useful. I also used the guide for how-tos for firmware installations. It's a great tool. I"m hoping I can add stuff to the discussions along the way.

FYI, the trip was to Colorado Springs. -3 degrees F on Monday morning!

MarkVA,

Excellent! I have a copy around here somewhere, but the "house cleaner" picked it up and now I am not sure where it is. Going to print another copy and laminate it this time. I don't often refer to it much as I do most from memory, but sometimes even I get kinked up on an item.

-3°, that's not too bad, as long as the wind isn't blowing. We've been pretty lucky here in eastern Nebraska so far this year. I think the coldest we've been so far was a low of -4 to -6, but that was a short one night dip. Only ~13 inches of snow, which is all gone now. Last weekend was quite warm and Sunday it got up to 50°.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)