Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
Well the 90cm GeoSatPro has already taken second fiddle to a bigger dish.

Yesterday I got this Patriot 1.2M dish for $75 from a place that sells homes. It was installed at the model home before any other internet services were available in this area. Measures exactly 4' wide and 51" high.

Anyway, got it home and immediately started playing with it. Sure get a lot more signal with this dish than the 90cm.

Really only had a few hours to play with it - - - - more later.

Attachments

• Patriot-1.2.jpg
    Patriot-1.2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 440
  • SideView-Patriot.jpg
    SideView-Patriot.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 433
  • BackView-Patriot.jpg
    BackView-Patriot.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 390
Very nice dish. I like how stiff the rim was made and the elevation adjustment device. Let us know what kinda C Band you get on that. Also like your stacked cone scalar setup, you'll blow those guys away with their 6' PF.

Very Nice looking dish. I have always liked the Patriot dishes, which I could find a 1.2 for that price locally.

WOW - I like this dish

In this case bigger is better! It would be hard to go back to the 90cm dish for "C-Band" after playing with this dish.

I found that the flat scalar works better with the 1.2 meter dish than the conical scalar. I'm not sure why this is but it may be due to the fact the the
symmetry of the cones is very important once you go larger.

I'm still testing on 91W and of course, I got more channels. Blind Scan for both ITC and Encrypted channels came up with 54 channels TV and 53 Radio.

I could not blind scan the CW so I had to download my channel list to a USB drive, open it up in Channel Master, add those three channels and then upload that back to my SonicView HD8000. I have only just started to play with Channel Master but it is a way cool program and if your receiver does not allow manual PID entry this is about the only way to do something like this.

Next weekend I hope to get this thing mounted on a pole and maybe try 99W and a few other satellites.

A few more PIX.

Attachments

• Patriot-FlatScalar.jpg
    Patriot-FlatScalar.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 372
  • FlatScalar-Patriot.jpg
    FlatScalar-Patriot.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 352
  • CW-East.jpg
    CW-East.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 383
  • Golf-CH-SD.jpg
    Golf-CH-SD.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 380
  • EWTN.jpg
    EWTN.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
I have a Patriot 1.1m and love it, I gave away my Fortec when I got this dish to replace it about 3 years ago.

Mind you I use it for ku-band only but have fun.

Cool writeup by ACradio

Anole, Either you have a great memory or you have a great database of information! Thanks for the link :up

I agree strongly with something ACRadio said - - - -
"if you are looking for a specific signal or group of signals then sometimes it can be made to work"

BTW, I still have a BUD in my future but I just could not turn down this 1.2 Meter Patriot. Great Dish!

Anole, Either you have a great memory or you have a great database of information! Thanks for the link :up
Yes. -:cool:
Both. - :rolleyes:
You're welcome.

I refer anyone reading, to Chapelrun's signature:
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
Truer words were never said. - :D

Just don't ask where I left my car keys!

In this case bigger is better! It would be hard to go back to the 90cm dish for "C-Band" after playing with this dish.

I found that the flat scalar works better with the 1.2 meter dish than the conical scalar. I'm not sure why this is but it may be due to the fact the the

I'm still testing on 91W and of course, I got more channels. Blind Scan for both ITC and Encrypted channels came up with 54 channels TV and 53 Radio.

I could not blind scan the CW so I had to download my channel list to a USB drive, open it up in Channel Master, add those three channels and then upload that back to my SonicView HD8000. I have only just started to play with Channel Master but it is a way cool program and if your receiver does not allow manual PID entry this is about the only way to do something like this.

Next weekend I hope to get this thing mounted on a pole and maybe try 99W and a few other satellites.

A few more PIX.

Great job!! I see you incorporated the "9/16 nut" patch in your setup. :up:D:cool:

Thank you for the link. I just placed one into the cart and then saw that shipping is as much as the part itself. :eek:

I'll buy something at Home Depot or Lowes.

Just purchased this one on EBay for only $7 shipped. Plus it adapts to C and KU LNBF's and is adjustable.

Attachments

• !CELVB!gCWk~$(KGrHqJ,!ioE0G)(4-O2BNRFVeUItg~~_3.jpg
    !CELVB!gCWk~$(KGrHqJ,!ioE0G)(4-O2BNRFVeUItg~~_3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 216
That doesn't look like a C-band clamp. It appears to be a standard 40mm with a 23mm reducer donut.... let us know what they ship to you.

Next time throw a few more cheap items in the cart. 5 pieces or 1, shipping cost is about the same! :)

That doesn't look like a C-band clamp. It appears to be a standard 40mm with a 23mm reducer donut.... let us know what they ship to you.

Next time throw a few more cheap items in the cart. 5 pieces or 1, shipping cost is about the same! :)

Normally I would of added more items to the cart, but I don't need anything else right now and this one is adjustable.

A few more PIX.

What satellite receiver are you using? I like the graphics and the information they provide.

I could be completely wrong, but this clamp appears to be too small and would not be large enough to hold a 65mm C-band feedhorn.

The unit is adjustable in height, but the size of LNBF clamp is limited to the standard KU size of 40mm and the smaller throat size of 23mm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.