Another Newbie Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BarneyBean

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
How do I tell what Sat I'm on. I just got another Primestar dish and I found a few satellites. The one I'm on now has NYM 1 thru 14 also WCBS
I'm trying to figure how to find channels on Lyngsat.

you could match up the frequencies.

But when you say NYM, do you mean NYN? Any channels that show a picture or are they just scrambled?

Yes NYN. They were news feeds there for a while then gone, I watched one putting makeup on and some guy standing around waiting to go on air

oh then thats not what I thought. I thought you meant New York Net on AMC5 which had horse racing but is now blacked out

heck it could be G11 or IA6

Ny Net does still have one channel in the clear, scans in as NYN9>horse races. And Cnn and others use the same sat for a lot ofnews feeds (both vert and horiz and there was a lot of feeds today) Maybe he was on AMC5, I have scanned in WCBS feed there before also.

There is horse racing on NYN 9. Also Sinclair news, no video, and CNN.

It is AMC5 Unfortunately lots of news today due to the shootings, but I was getting quite a few feeds around 5:00. How do you match Frequencies on Lyngsat theres hundreds. They need a search feature

I blind scanned 3 times and added a few channels each time. All news feeds comming from Virg Tech

You prob wont find news feeds listed on lyngsat as they are mostly just ocassional, used one day and maybe never again. Some, though, persist, like the ones that scan in as "CNN-Miami" or CNN Chicago, etc. At different times of the day you might find video on some of them, but if you're looking for news its usually just as quick to re-scan the sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)