Another Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllWxFlyer

Original poster
May 4, 2007
Dracut, Ma.
Hi all,

Just thought I'd say HI and introduce myself. Hope this isn't out of line.

I'm relatively new to FTA sats and am trying to digest all the info available on all the components that make up a "typical" system.

I work as a Microwave Tech in the TV broadcast industry, mainly in portable, mobile ENG systems, and airborne video/Infrared systems, Public Safety/Homeland Security surveillance systems.

I'm trying to orient my thinking towards satellite systems (which our company also produces for ENG vans), and thought the FTA sat systems are a good way to get some hands-on and maybe improve my job possibilities at work.

Eventually I'll get a system on the air and see what I can learn.

Thanks,
John K1RC
nr Lowell, MA.

Greetings, looks like you'll fit in quite well here! I've always been fascinated by microwave TV but nobody ever seems to have any info. on it.

Have fun! The hobby is very addictive!

Yes Welcome to SatelliteGuys Allwxflyer, don't be afraid to jump in here you will enjoy it.

Hi, i'm newbie here, i'm testing some boxes, captive 6000s regular, VS lite, VS Extreme, VS Ultra, Sonic View, aiming 110°, 119° and 91°. I would like to join to this forum and later help to provide a solution.
Actually what i'm do for living is cell site service for a big operator un latin America, see around!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts