another pre-install wiring question

reybie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Hotrizona
Hi,

We currently have a VIP622 setup that is connected to two TVs. I'm planning on a 1H/1J setup, possibly 2J. I'm not sure if new wiring will have to be done, if it needs new cable I might have to postpone until it gets cooler, our attic in AZ is like a furnace at this time.

I have one cable coming from the dish connected to a DPD2, one output from DPD2 connect to a Separator that connects to the two Sat inputs on the 622. The 622 output is then connected back to the DPD2. Will this cabling work for a 1H/2J setup? I attached a crappy pic of my connections.
connect.jpg

You will not need the diplexor at all with the Hopper Joey set up. If your second TV coax terminates in the garage, for example, that is a good thing. That probably means that the coax going to your 622 also terminates in the same place. Dish will place a single node there, or duo node if 2 Hoppers, and it will take care of everything. You just need 2 coaxes from the dish to the node if single or 3 if dual....

You will need 2 lines from the dish to the diplexer location other than that its just a matter of connecting the two feeds all Hopper systems require atleast two lines from the dish to the node

I believe we have 2 lines coming from the dish to the house originally. I see that in the install diagram but I'm not sure how the joeys will connect to the hoppers via the existing coax. Have to look at the diagrams again later, I checked it out yesterday briefly.

I believe we have 2 lines coming from the dish to the house originally. I see that in the install diagram but I'm not sure how the joeys will connect to the hoppers via the existing coax. Have to look at the diagrams again later, I checked it out yesterday briefly.
are there three coax lines from the central attic location to your individual TV locations where the 1H/2J will be?

If so, you just drop in the node in the attic and go. The system is pretty flexible with items like taps and splitters too.

Joeys can reuse any existing wiring (even if it is RG59). HTH

Also you can use splitters for Joey's of the cljent line also you can use a tap prior to the Hopper which provides an output for Joey's which I have seen splitters work on as well

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to weigh the options and see where to go with this. I should've scheduled install for the weekend, it's only 98-99F :D

Easiest way would be to put the node where the ground block is (assuming you have one), use the existing line off the ground block to your diplexer (DPD2) and replace the diplexer with a tap. That would be a simple solution to run your existing 2 tv set up.

Just read the part where you said you have 1 line off the dish to the diplexer. Simple enough. Run 2 lines off the dish to a node somewhere in between the dish and attic penetration, then reuse the single line into the attic off the node to the tap. It looks from the pictures like you have good rg6 cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)