Another problem with the Hopper...

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
Yesterday was the first time I used Blockbuster on Demand. At first all the little boxes showed a picture of the movie. Then as I scrolled down farther, all I got was empty boxes with the words Dish or Blockbuster, can't remember which it was. I still got a explanation of the movie and all the info on the right side of the screen, but no little pictures. Today when I went back to it to look though the movies again, only a handful of the boxes had pictures. I even let it just sit there a minute or two to see if it would take time to fill the boxes in. nothing happened. Trying to look for a movie without any pictures or titles in the boxes is really frustrating.

Also, while I'm talking about Blockbuster on Demand, I watched "Walking Hard- The Dewey Cox Story". It turns out it was an edited version from FX! Had commercials thought out! I realize it was free, but still, why would I want to download a edited movie? I find that extremely lame!

These are the small things that start to add up to really annoy a subscriber of Dish. :mad:

Ghpr13:(

Did you forget about the Hopper forum? lol

Sorry, just had to say it. I'm OCD like that.

Anyway, I have also experienced the issues you mentioned, along with some messages that tell me that I'm not connected to the Internet, when in fact I am. It even says something along the lines of "Press * to reconnect" and I do it and it works fine. Checking the broadband menu it also shows everything as green "OK." So yeah, another bug. S213 has been the most problematic of them all so far for me. I really hope that they will release and update (and actually FIX things rather than break) soon. Though, this is just the price we pay as early adopters. I remember my on 722Ks, when they first came out, there were numerous bugs, and half of the time updates would fix one thing and break three other things. Looks like Dish is carrying on with that tradition. Eventually the 722Ks got stabilized however there were still issues that were still messed up even 2-3 years later. Overall even with the bugginess, I still love the hardware, even if the software is annoying at times.

Also, while I'm talking about Blockbuster on Demand, I watched "Walking Hard- The Dewey Cox Story". It turns out it was an edited version from FX! Had commercials thought out! I realize it was free, but still, why would I want to download a edited movie? I find that extremely lame!

Ghpr13
Have to agree.

Did you forget about the Hopper forum? lol

Sorry, just had to say it. I'm OCD like that.

Anyway, I have also experienced the issues you mentioned, along with some messages that tell me that I'm not connected to the Internet, when in fact I am. It even says something along the lines of "Press * to reconnect" and I do it and it works fine. Checking the broadband menu it also shows everything as green "OK." So yeah, another bug. S213 has been the most problematic of them all so far for me. I really hope that they will release and update (and actually FIX things rather than break) soon. Though, this is just the price we pay as early adopters. I remember my on 722Ks, when they first came out, there were numerous bugs, and half of the time updates would fix one thing and break three other things. Looks like Dish is carrying on with that tradition. Eventually the 722Ks got stabilized however there were still issues that were still messed up even 2-3 years later. Overall even with the bugginess, I still love the hardware, even if the software is annoying at times.

Yeah, I don't know why Dish software updates are so "buggy" when trying to fix things. It's like, "Well, lets try this now and see if it works." I just don't understand.

BTW: After I posted I realized I posted in the wrong area, so I PM Scott to move my post to the correct area (The Hopper Zone), but I wasn't sure that can be done.:D

Ghpr13:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)