Another SG2100 Motor Question?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
I have a SG2100 and would like to know what the solution is to my following problem:

My true south bird is AMC 75W

:confused: The motor is designed to rotate 70 EAST & WEST. This makes it impossible for me to get past 150W or so if I set the motors reference point to my true south bird? Do I have to set motor to my true south bird or can it be another satellite. I am guessing no, due to skew and angle?

Refer to this picture to see what i'm talking about-
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=3196

There are limit switches under the (motor see manual) they may be moved slightly to get a fraction further east and west. Doing so is at your own risk as the screws can fall into the motor rendering it useless. I have even heard of some people removing the limits altogether but I advise against it. You can off set the dish to another satellite other than your true south satellite but of course what you gain at one end of the ark you loose on the other, and will take some extra tweaking.
If you go ahead and do the above let us know your results please.

I may try this trick on another SG2100 that got messed up by ice and I had it fixed. If I lose this one to my engineering it will be the second time. I will let you know my results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)