Another TT Problem

piratefan2

Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
For all of the longtime TT users:

What settings do you use for recording XM Online?

I am using TT on my computer at work. I work at a major university that has an absolutely huge bandwidth pipe. However, TT is constantly re-buffering. This doesn't make sense to me because XM Online (from xmradio.com) doesn't do this when I listen to it.

Also, I have noticed that some of my recordings start a second or two into the song. What setting can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

The XM Online recording is very new, so unfortunately no one has been using it long enough to be an 'old timer' - although maybe some folks have some suggestions.

TT uses the same windows media object that is used to play XMO directly from their website, so there really should be no difference in the stream and the associated buffering.

Sometimes the beginning and end of song marking is not accurate to the second using XMO especially copared to using the hardware radio. I'm sure there are some users out there with suggestions for settings to mitigate as best as possible, but all will be effected to some degree by your hardware and internet connection.

If you are seeing a big difference in performance of your streaming when you are using Recast (to just listen) - when you then close it and then open XMO directly through the web - then please open a support ticket so we can take a look. We haven't seen this before and would really like to know about it since according to the big "MS" it shouldn't happen that way!

Thanks for your help and your patience.

David K.
Time Trax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)