Antenia type for HDTV locals

chaingang

Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
I have a regular UHF antenia and im trying to get my locals in HDTV for my new HDTV ready set. Someone told me that antenia wont work and I need a Digital antenia. Is this true ?

Thanks in advance for any help...

chaingang said:
I have a regular UHF antenia and im trying to get my locals in HDTV for my new HDTV ready set. Someone told me that antenia wont work and I need a Digital antenia. Is this true ?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Not necessarily. First, there is no such thing as a "digital antenna". Look at www.antennaweb.org, enter your zip code to see what digital stations are in your area, if they're UHF or VHF, and an estimate of what type antenna you would need from your location.

Thanks alot,

So much for Sharps Tech support. Their the ones telling me I need a digital antenia....

its HDTV ready and it worked fine. I just have to adjust it and I got around 13 channels. Amazing the clarity from just an antenia. I was discouraged when I hooked my analog cable subscription to it and my 45inch LCD that cost $4,000 dollars looked like crap. As you see in the forum I'm also trying to get my Dish 622 receiver to work as a DVR.

Thanks again....

"HD Ready" does NOT mean it includes a digital tuner. It basically means it needs a seperate OTA receiver or cable HD set-top or a satellite set-top in order to get any HD for it to display.

lots of BS out there.

chaingang said:
Thanks alot,

So much for Sharps Tech support. Their the ones telling me I need a digital antenia....

I live far from the source and am using a powered TERK in my attic...you either get HD or you do not (OTA), (of course you can be in the middle with a weak pixilated pic.) If I were not so lazy, I would have put up a $20 outside TV antenna on my roof and it would be just fine!

As the previous poster said..."digital Antenna"....marketing hype! My OTA pic is excellent! The word Digital seems to just suck people in! Not to say it does have it's place as in 4dtv digital and digital DVD etc...NOT WITH AN ANTENNA!!!
Regards
Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts