Antenna Advice

Baffudled

Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Monroe, Ohio
Hey,

Lots of you guys seem to know your stuff so here is my question. I am having an upgrade in a few days to DishHD. Dual tuner DVR probably 622 or 722. Only need one hd output. My main issue is of coarse getting those Local HD channels on that DVR. I live around 20 to 30 miles away and show yellow on all the channels I am interested in. ABC,NBC,CBS, and Fox. Looks like I could get PBS and CW also. It all looks good on paper but after reading many of these forums I have my doubts. Here is my zip: 45050 and i have attached a file from TVFool. I mostly would like suggestions on what anttena best fills my needs. Thanks for any response.

Attachments

• Radar-Digital2.png
    Radar-Digital2.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 160
Which group of broadcasters do you want, North or South? Those to your south will revert back to some VHF broadcasts after 2/17/09.

North only. I think.

I want the north because from what I understand these are about the only ones I want that Dishnet can not provide right now. At antennaweb.com all of the locals ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX,PBS,and CW I think were shown in the yellow and all were available at about 24degrees of north. I maybe intrerpreting this incorrect. I tried a guide that pointed me to Antennaweb.com and it suggested I try all multidirectionals. ie.. ChannelMaster 3000a, Winegaurd MS1000 or MS2000. But after reading here I am affraid I would be better off with a directional unit. Not sure at this point. Thanks for the response by the way.

Channel Master 4221 orEagle Aspen DTV2BUHF antennas should work well for UHF stations about 20 miles away seeing Dayton should remain all UHF broadcasts. You might get Cincinatti off the back side of the antennas call it a bonus signal if you do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts