Antenna ID help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
My sister just bought a house in town and is going to go with cable tv/internet. She asked if I wanted the antennas on her roof so I took them down and home.

There's no brand names or models on any of these, was hoping someone here could give me an idea what I have and what bands/channels they would be good for? :confused:

Thanks!

Attachments

• Antenna Branson Sara.JPG
    Antenna Branson Sara.JPG
    321 KB · Views: 208
  • Antenna Branson Sara2.JPG
    Antenna Branson Sara2.JPG
    330.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Antenna Branson Sara3.JPG
    Antenna Branson Sara3.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 194
The two with the reflector screens at the back are UHF antennas, the smaller one looks like a Radio Shack U75-R.

The biggest antenna is a UHF/VHF combo.

I wouldn't be surprised if they all were RS antennas.

The two with the reflector screens at the back are UHF antennas, the smaller one looks like a Radio Shack U75-R.

I agree except the center one looks like it is the front section of a RS.deep fringe VHF/UHF antenna.:)

There's no brand names or models on any of these, was hoping someone here could give me an idea what I have and what bands/channels they would be good for?

Thanks!

Smallest Radio Shack U-75
Middle Radio Shack U-100 (discontinued)
Largest Radio Shack VU190XR

The first two are UHF only, the VU190XR is 2-69.

Thanks, Jim. They had all 3 antennas stacked on top of each other about 18" apart, smallest on bottom, biggest on top.....on a piece on pipe that was stuck in that little tripod, which was attached to the roof.

They were all run into a little 3-into-1 deal (pic attached), then one coax downlead into the house.

So are the 2 UHF antennas basically the same thing, with the bigger one of those two maybe just having more "range"?

Attachments

• Antenna Branson Sara 3-into-1.JPG
    Antenna Branson Sara 3-into-1.JPG
    400.1 KB · Views: 148
Thanks, Jim. They had all 3 antennas stacked on top of each other about 18" apart, smallest on bottom, biggest on top.....on a piece on pipe that was stuck in that little tripod, which was attached to the roof.

They were all run into a little 3-into-1 deal (pic attached), then one coax downlead into the house.

So are the 2 UHF antennas basically the same thing, with the bigger one of those two maybe just having more "range"?

That's pretty impressive. The word is "gain" but yes, that's the long and the short of it.

Smallest Radio Shack U-75
Middle Radio Shack U-100 (discontinued)
Largest Radio Shack VU190XR

The first two are UHF only, the VU190XR is 2-69.

Thanks, Tower Guy. I think I'll put that U-100 up on my Mom's little tower and see if I can get KYTV (Springfield, MO) down at her place in northern Arkansas. She had a strong analog signal before the digital conversion, tvfool shows it to be marginal but it's probably worth a try.

That's pretty impressive. The word is "gain" but yes, that's the long and the short of it.

Cool, I'm glad I made the effort to get this stuff, I have a buddy that can use the UHF/VHF one, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)