antenna problem

ejmendoza

Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
I work in an auto repair shop with no nearby windows or outside access. What are my incoming signal options???

I don't have xm... I have sirius. Guess I'll have to run a line outside or wait on that wireless repeater.

Is it possible to pickup a signal magnetically through conduit that goes outside? The magnetic antenna that came with my car kit makes me ask this question that may be ridiculous to you experts. :/
thanks

Having worked in an auto repair shop or three I wouldnt run an antenna wire through any conduit considering what most conduits in a garage carry. Your shop probably has cinder block walls, if the boss is cool with you doing this you can drill a 3/8 inch hole through the block and use a thin but stiff wire to pull the plug end of your antenna through the hole leaving the antenna module outside on the wall.

The other thing is that the sirrius units do have a decent transmission foot print ( Ive tested mine to work up to 30 ft from its location ) and you could still use it even if its not close to where your at if you can say run the antenna out a door.

Van said:
Having worked in an auto repair shop or three I wouldnt run an antenna wire through any conduit considering what most conduits in a garage carry.

Sorry but this is a very over generalized answer that is not fact based, but based on some shotty construction of your specific work environments IMHO. Quality installs will not have these issues. I have run dozens of conduit and PVC antenna runs (and other wiring runs) without one issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts