Antenna question for HD Tivo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pat shrewsbury

Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
I want to hook up a roof antenna to my tv (to utilize the tv tuner) and hd tivo. Can I use a splitter or similar device to connect one antenna to both inputs?

Thanks

If there is no satellite signal on that cable, then yes a splitter will work, if there is a satellite signal on that same coax, then no, you will have to use a switch with a antenna input (the switch then combines the signals onto one coax) then you'll need to use a diplexor for every coax going into a tuner.

pat shrewsbury said:
I want to hook up a roof antenna to my tv (to utilize the tv tuner) and hd tivo. Can I use a splitter or similar device to connect one antenna to both inputs?

Thanks

Pat,
When you say "both inputs" are you referring to the OTA antenna input? If so, there is only one OTA input on the HDTivo. There are two tuners, but the signal is split internally. No need to split. If you want to send the OTA signal to another tuner (like your TV), then a splitter works fine, but you loose a little signal strength if you split. A two-way splitter might loose 2 or 3dB of signal.

Of course, what damaged said also applies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)