Antenna Recommendation Nacogdoches, Tx

naccoachbob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Nacogdoches, Tx
I live on the north side of Nacogdoches, kinda behind the Walmart, zip 75965.
There are tall trees NW of me, and a fairly clear sky to the south.
I'm interested in OTA for Channel 19 (CBS) primarily but would also like to get the others around here.
Anyone have a recommendation?
I'm thinking the trees are in the line of sight for the Channel 19 antenna (KYTX-DT19.1) which is in New Summerfield I think.
Obviously I'd like the least bit of antenna showing on the street that would be needed.
Any ideas are much appreciated.

Do you have any type of antenna now? Here is your local DTV chart. How tall and how close are those trees? I think a CM4228 might work OK mounted just above the roof line. There is a beam width of 129 deg so that might be tough without a rotor or dual antenna setup.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 256
Only 30 miles to 19.1 you should get it fairly easily with a UHF antenna.

ABC on channel 9 is strong too.

I would get a Winegard HD7694P and a rotator.

Good recommendation Jim,

You may also want to consider a Channel Master, or Winegard pre-amp for additional stations from Tyler, TX, and possibly Shreveport, LA. Not sure if you would be interested in them.

Check out the Clearstream series of antennas C1 thru C4. They are new and are getting many really good reviews. Go to Amazon dot com and check out the customer reviews to see what the users are saying about their performance - plus they are much smaller than the Channel Master or Weingard antennas.

I use the Channel Master 7777 pre amp and it works great with my C4 at 60 miles from the LA transmitters with sizeable hills between.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone, you've given me some good choices. I was afraid that folks were gonna tell me I was out of luck due to the terrain around here and the trees.
I'll research all the ideas you've given me.
Thanks much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)