Antenna Upgrade

ksload

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
Eastern NC
I had my install last week and can receive ABC and NBC most of the time, CBS and WB some of the time and NO Pax, UPN or FOX.

The installer told me to call voom and request an antenna upgrade...the upgrade is scheduled tomorrow....what kind of antenna will this be and should I expect significant signal increase?

ksload,

Just depend on your area most installer that do the upgrade finds a antenna that will work in most of there area and that what he will try. like here where i am the Channel Master 3016 works great here as upgrade but i have seen may different antenna posted that installer have used.

tyork

I called for an antenna upgrade and got approved. Next Monday, I get a Square Shooter to try out.

Yeah...me too.
And two appointments and four phonecalls later, I went out and bought a CM 4228, because it just wasn't worth the hassle of trying to deal with VOOM, INstalls Inc, and the actual installer.

Good luck...

Lob

Lobstah said:
Yeah...me too.
And two appointments and four phonecalls later, I went out and bought a CM 4228, because it just wasn't worth the hassle of trying to deal with VOOM, INstalls Inc, and the actual installer.

Good luck...

Lob

Thanks. I've been very happy with my installer. He gave me his cell phone number the first time he was here and told me to call him if I needed anything. So I have.

I actually called voom about my locals Friday and they gave me a Monday apointment. By monday afternoon I had my upgrade and am happy with the results...no complaints here on Vooms service from me just the pq on some of those sd channels!!!!!!!!!! :)

Nice to hear. My original install was that way. For some reason, the antenna upgrade has been totally ridiculous.

Lob

I had an antenna that I was using for local channels. It was not doing a real good job for the digital channels. The installer did not install the Voom antenna. He said it really would not work in my area.

I tried the Radio Shack UHF antenna. This was okay, but one channel (the local Fox channel was only at 84 signal strength, and would break up on rainy and snowy days.)

I ended up ordering a Zenith Urban/Suburban Outdoor UHF HDTV/DTV Antenna, GEMDTV1 from the Walmart website. It arrived last night. It was a little more difficult to put together then the other antennas, but it was worth it. Channel 13 (The Fox Channel) is now at 92. After adjusting it a bit, all the channels come in between 92-98.

I live in Farmington, Utah and have a mountain with a high mineral content near me, and have to shoot across a Salt Water Lake to Farnley Peak where the digital signals are broadcast from.

This is the first antenna I have tried that I can actually get a good signal on all the channels.

roland

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts