Antennas Direct 91-XG

krisman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
tn
if the reflectors of Antennas Direct 91-XG are turned to the outside instead of inside, will this cause reception loss?

ok, so here is what i have now. the vhf winegard mounted 6 ft above the metal roof, the yagi mounted 5 ft above that, and i have a dsl antenna mounted below the both of them. it is 30 feet above ground and it does rock a little but it doesnt turn. the reflectors of the yagi are turned to the outside, the coax thats on it is pretty old, and i have no preamp. i do have some copper coax to replace the old, and i am going to turn the reflectors around. im trying to get by without a preamp. right now im not using the box, picking up a few channels real snowy.

i called a guy that lives about 5 miles from me, he said he had a cheaper antenna than me, with no preamp. and he got all the channels he was supposed to be getting. and he was going east to west? when most of the channels come from the southeast?

it is very confusing to why hes getting everything and im getting nothing? and i really need some help. even with getting the pole sturdy so it wont rock back and forth

Digital TV signals are VERY sensitive to antenna sway. Here on the East edge of the Great Plains, we learned this one the hard way.

so what should i use to stabilize it? guide wire or something else? its really just the other 10 ft section of pole i added that needs stabilized

so what should i use to stabilize it? guide wire or something else? its really just the other 10 ft section of pole i added that needs stabilized
Three guy wires should do the trick. Two would just put the mast in tension, which could have undesired consequences.
What's a DSL antenna?
Rural broadband internet solution. Most of them look like dishes, pointing at the horizon.

Three guy wires should do the trick. Two would just put the mast in tension, which could have undesired consequences.

Rural broadband internet solution. Most of them look like dishes, pointing at the horizon.

Ahh... not really a DSL antenna then. A WISP antenna. DSL is "Digital Subscriber Line" found on telephone wires. Kinda like saying a Cable Modem antenna, which really sounds weird.

ok that will work. now, where would i put the wires? coming off the top of the pole to the ground? they should go all 3 directions right? and where would i get the best guy wires? ace hardware?

Top of the pole isn't usually necessary; a couple-few feet below your first antenna should be enough, assuming the top section of the mast is rigid. Maybe above your DSL antenna, just to be safe. Good guy wires are relatively heavy steel cables, but I can't speak for the best source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts