antennaweb is out of date/incorrect?

PBHDinSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
San Diego
I don't know about you guys, but I found that antennaweb is out of date with their digital channel information.

For example at my address they only list one digital channel available. (PBS-DT) Where in reality it's 7.

http://www.tvradioworld.com seems to have the best list together for digital channel availability.

This could impact your antenna upgrade if you call Voom. They will look up your address on antennaweb and if it shows one digital channel and your getting it, then you have to plead your case that antennweb is not correct.

Boy does it ever impact your antenna upgrade. Mine has been cancelled BY THE INSTALLER three times, simply because antennaweb.org is the bible to them and it only shows me getting one station. I finally had to call a guy at Install's Inc. and make him look up my zip code on another site (NAB?). He confirmed I should be able to get three or more and that the installer did not know what he/she was doing by only using antennaweb.org. He also agreed it is sometimes very wrong. He emailed them and left a message to stop cancelling the work order and go ahead with the install. It has been a very frustrating experience to have your antenna upgrade cancelled three times by the same person for the same reason.

I have talked to Install's before regarding this and literally got into an arguement with a lady. I told her "I live here", I don't care what the website says, I know they are broadcasting because they advertise their digital signal. She just said "well antennaweb.org only shows one digital.....blah blah blah". These people really need to check more than an antenna site when deciding what stations are in the area.

kaw

Antennaweb gave me the wrong antenna type 4 years ago when I first got HD. It said I needed an omnidirectional medium gain and it wouldn't pull in anything. I went to Rat Shaq and bought a big Yagi and get them all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts