antennaweb says yellow multidir-should i trust them?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edwapa

Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
Hi guys,
Great forum here, lots of info. Never would have found the "erecting an antenna" from hdtvprimer without this forum. That's the best stuff I've found on antenna workings and comparisons.

Anyway, I live in a small town on the treeless, windy prairie in a valley with tv antennas on hills surrounding the valley. zip is 69361. antennaweb shows all I need for digital signal is yellow code antenna. The problem I see is that the tower directions I'm interested in are 87 degrees apart which means a multi directional antenna. I haven't heard much good about these types.

The north tower is 10 miles away, digital frequency 29 (analog 10) and to the east are two towers at 32mi and 33 mi w/ digital freq of 7 (an 4) and 24 (an 13) respectively. Very few trees and no hills in the line of sight. Should I try the round multi's, or the 18" sat dish mounted ones, or maybe one of the other shapes? Or how about a directional with a wide beamwidth? Rabbit ears pull in the analog versions of these towers well on 10 to the north and 13 to the east but 4 to the east is a little grainy. I'm looking for the free HD for the big screen so any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
Pat

Hi guys,
Great forum here, lots of info. Never would have found the "erecting an antenna" from hdtvprimer without this forum. That's the best stuff I've found on antenna workings and comparisons.

Anyway, I live in a small town on the treeless, windy prairie in a valley with tv antennas on hills surrounding the valley. zip is 69361. antennaweb shows all I need for digital signal is yellow code antenna. The problem I see is that the tower directions I'm interested in are 87 degrees apart which means a multi directional antenna. I haven't heard much good about these types.

The north tower is 10 miles away, digital frequency 29 (analog 10) and to the east are two towers at 32mi and 33 mi w/ digital freq of 7 (an 4) and 24 (an 13) respectively. Very few trees and no hills in the line of sight. Should I try the round multi's, or the 18" sat dish mounted ones, or maybe one of the other shapes? Or how about a directional with a wide beamwidth? Rabbit ears pull in the analog versions of these towers well on 10 to the north and 13 to the east but 4 to the east is a little grainy. I'm looking for the free HD for the big screen so any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
Pat

Have you tried using the rabbit ears on the digital tuner? With the terrain and proximity of the towers, you may not need anything else.

Thanks guys,
Decided on the db2 and a cm3016 and point them different directions. I'll combine them and my sat dish w/some diplexers and see what happens. Any thoughts on diplexer/combiner brands? Are they close to the same quality?
Thanks
Pat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts