Antivirus Software

Raw Meat!

Cue the Gladiators!

Let loose the trolls!

;)

If there was a clear winner, there's only be one.

I assume you mean for a PC.

Now, let me go pop some popcorn.

Whatever one you can get to work that doesn't annoy the hell out of you :biggrin
Currently using Panda,Avast and just Defender(on the win10 box that I don't use for anything yet),on various boxes.

Best very subjective. Never been a fan a the big names because of all the bloat and hogging of resources. I've used Microsoft's own solution since the MS Anti-Spyware beta days right after they bought what is know known as Windows Defender from Giant Software. A few years ago I decided to go with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium for the real time protection in combination with Windows Defender. I know neither are really considered true antivirus solutions, but I find them adequate for my needs. Lightweight non resource hogging security software.

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit, which is an application that has been in beta for years, is also excellent. It has a very powerful scan engine. It's an on demand only scanner with no real-time protection though. At work, the stuff that our BitDefender Business Edition can't remove, the stuff Malwarebytes' own corporate application can't find, their beta Anti-Rootkit program finds and removes with no problem. BitDefender also comes back with a lot, and I do mean A LOT of false positives where I work. The Malwarebytes products are extremely fast. I've had BitDefender running on employees computers for 4-6 hours doing a deep system scan and find nothing but cookies. It's awesome when I run a BD scan, and since it looks for cookies first thing, the 'Infected Items' count is 30+ right off the bat and people get all freaked out that 30 'viruses' were found in the first 30 seconds of scanning. I can run MBAR on the same computer and it will complete the scan in 15-25 minutes depending on how many files there are and it will find a half a dozen or more legitimate threats and remove them.

Contrary to other friends here I am using McAfee Total Protection 2016. It was $16 for 3 computers when I got it. The company was bought by Intel several years ago and having worked for Intel I figured that they would improve it and IMO they did. It's a lot less of a resource hog than the Norton 360 that it replaced. I'd buy it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts