Any 322 receiver troubles?

busdriver72

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2005
We're experiencing problems with reman 322's not running check switches correctly. MANY reman 322's are arriving without updated software.
We're having to disconnect the separator, replace it with a splitter temporarily, go to the check switch screen and hit cancel. Let it acquire signal and then update the memory......replace the separator....and then run check switch.
Anyone else encontering this and what steps have you tried?

Yes...*sigh...that has been an issue with us as well. As an option, try going thru the "phone diagnostics" screen and test the phone line. After the phone line is tested, it usually will automatically download the latest update without having to do the separator, DP splitter, separator "shuffle".

As a sidenote, I think the 322's you are running into actually have a separator inside the box and have a DHA sticker on the outside

yeah, the original dual tuner receivers with the first software version won't recognize the seperator, you have to download the current software first, when we first started using them we would do the software download at our office before putting them out in the field.

Yeah,

The original software detects the signal on the sat 2 connector, not sat 1. The sat 2 connector is connected to TV1. The sat 1 connector is connected to TV2. The current updated screen designates which satellite input it is receiving the signal from.

I download and test every receiver in the shop, before taking it out for an install in the field. I prefer to use a legacy twin lnb, which is the most stable configuration.

Although the 061 screen tells you never to unplug the receiver, plugging and unplugging it and messing with the switches will eventually get it to download. This, I found a long time ago, was true with some of the origninal 301s. Many dealers and retailers returned them to Dish under the RA program. I thought it was no harm to play with it. Apparently, it's like computers. They hang up and rebooting it may bring it to life.

Guys,

I just went through this issue. I set up a 322 with DPP and separator. I got a signal and did the SW download and now the 322 has a black screen? It will not come back up. Anything I could try to get them working again to do the SW download again with out the separator?

Thanks,

does it show the top banner for the channel and just no video and audio?....if so, you can try this.....go back to the signal strength screen and check both sat, 119 and 110, make sure it says locked and the name of the sat before changing.....then cancel back out and see if the video/audio comes in.....has worked for me in the past.

I played grief with my 322 this morning.

Just had my 61.5 dish setup and with it I got a DPP44. I had been using the 322 in my bedroom with only one sat connection running to it. It worked fine as long as I had the single installed on the sat2 input.

Anyways...the installer left me a seperator so I could hook both up. It was late, which was why I didnt let him install it. I installed it this morning, connecting sat 1 from the seperator to sat1, and sat2 to sat2, and ran the check switch. All seemed fine...and the signal strength seemed fine. Flipped thru channels and a bunch were black as if no signal. went back to check the signal strength...some were good, some showed nothing.

Ran another check switch...this time I got odd transponders only (all three sats)...evens showed little or no signal strength.

Rebooted the box and ran a third check switch. This time all seemed good, except when you got to 119 transponder 20. I got to a channel on that one and it locked up looking for a signal.

Tried a fifth check switch, but the box locked up and rebooted itself in the middle of the tests. This time I removed all connections and let it run a check switch with nothing to clear itself out. Ran a sixth check switch...duplicated a problem from earlier where it picked up all odd transponders w/ signal in the 110-120 range, but all evens showed low 30s-40.

At this point I was all but out of ideas, but figured what the heck...swapped the connections from the seperator...sat1 to sat2 connection, sat2 to sat1 one connection...reran check switch for the seventh time, and I'll be dang...check switch ran perfect and all was good on all three sats, even and odd transponders, on both tuners!

(not sure if this helps anyone, but thought I would share)

That was the first issue I had. I would run check switch and every time it would give me something different? I would get the even transponders on sat 1 and all on sat 2. I finally got all on sat 1 and even on sat 2 so I said let see what happens. I ran the SW down load and after it rebooted itself I get a black screen! I did it with 4 different 322's and the same thing every time. They all have a black screen, and nothing else? I have nothing to select to try it again???? Has anyone had this issue? I know now that I need to do the SW download with DP LNB first and then switch to DPP with separator. How do I fix the 4 322's I have now?

Titan_Wireless said:
That was the first issue I had. I would run check switch and every time it would give me something different? I would get the even transponders on sat 1 and all on sat 2. I finally got all on sat 1 and even on sat 2 so I said let see what happens. I ran the SW down load and after it rebooted itself I get a black screen! I did it with 4 different 322's and the same thing every time. They all have a black screen, and nothing else? I have nothing to select to try it again???? Has anyone had this issue? I know now that I need to do the SW download with DP LNB first and then switch to DPP with separator. How do I fix the 4 322's I have now?

Try hooking it up to a legacy twin. It is one that all software versions support. Just abuse the heck out of the box. Play with all the switches. Plug and unplug it and so on.

I've had to do this with a lot of them, but all have eventually worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts