Any advice onhow to get Dish to fix my 129 problem, they won't acknowledge anything

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm sick of the 129 dropouts, a dedicated D500 isn't enough in this part of the country, so I have a 30" dish on the way and should have it up by the weekend.

NightRyder

With a 1000.2 we are getting into the 70's - and with a birddog you can tweak into the low 80's if you play with the skew by 1/2 degree or so.... Not bad, considering we were barely making 40-50 with the regular 1000.

I'm getting seventies and eighties on a few transponders off 129 myself. However I'm interested in the signal strength of specific transponders mainly 6, 11, 22, 23, and 27 because those I'm having trouble with in the San Diego area with a new dish 1000.2.

I know I posted my readings in the other thread but I've been tweaking it for the last week so I want to post them again.

TP 6 58
TP 11 61
TP 22 62
TP 23 62 or 76 (It keeps bouncing)
TP 27 63

That's with the D1000.2

I know I posted my readings in the other thread but I've been tweaking it for the last week so I want to post them again.

TP 6 58
TP 11 61
TP 22 62
TP 23 62 or 76 (It keeps bouncing)
TP 27 63

That's with the D1000.2
Alright here are mine taken about five minutes ago, they have been slightly higher and of course lower in past checks. I have attempted to re-tweak the dish several times. I've tried everything including the skew and in most cases had a heck of a time recovering my original readings. My wife sits in front of the TV and I'm communicating via a phone hand set using the built in intercom feature at her end. Frankly she is tired of the whole process and I don't blame her. With not much chance of heavy rain down here fade isn't a big factor to worry about.

TP6 57
TP11 57
TP22 59
TP23 61
TP27 60

Dish did come and fix my 129 problem

Dish called and set a date. They showed up on time and installed a (Dish Network 24" dish). This improved the signal greatly. We now have had only 1 known dropped 129 problem since the 8th of March. Spot beam 31 is about 96/98 and TP 27 at 88. The lowest is TP 6 is 62 up to 76. The people were very good and explained that anyone in Oregon/Washington ect needs a 24" minimum. I encourage anyone subscribing to the HD package to demand a 24" and don't take any thing less. The picture quality and such is excellent. Dish took 3 weeks but did finally come through.

Larry / Oregon

"The people were very good and explained that anyone in Oregon/Washington ect needs a 24" minimum."

The problem is greater in the Pacific Northwest but it affects all the West coast, even some parts of Colorado as Jeff reported. I think RoyW and I have pretty much the same readings to prove it. I'm getting very similar readings to what I had before with a D500 and an I bracket.

"Frankly she is tired of the whole process and I don't blame her."

My 5 yrs. old daughter has been helping me and she's tired too. She goes: "Daddy, are we gonna play with the numbers again? I don't really want to play anymore."

Dish called and set a date. They showed up on time and installed a (Dish Network 24" dish). This improved the signal greatly. We now have had only 1 known dropped 129 problem since the 8th of March. Spot beam 31 is about 96/98 and TP 27 at 88. The lowest is TP 6 is 62 up to 76. The people were very good and explained that anyone in Oregon/Washington ect needs a 24" minimum. I encourage anyone subscribing to the HD package to demand a 24" and don't take any thing less. The picture quality and such is excellent. Dish took 3 weeks but did finally come through.

Larry / Oregon

1) There are no spotbeams on 129W

2) Watch the signal over 30 mintues and you will find more variation then what you have listed even without changing dishes.

3) Low 60 and 50s are no go for MPEG4. They create small errors on MPEG2, but with less info in a MPEG4 stream, little errors become big errors.

Got my 30" yesterday, replaced the D500 with I-beam and spent 10 minutes tweaking (it was getting dark). I now have no transponder lower than 85 off 129. My lowest transponder went up over 30 points! I think I can gain another 5 points or so if I spend some more time on it, but in 2 hours of viewing not 1 dropout!

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)