Any chance at a free 622?

izod

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Cumming, GA
So I was only able to get one 622 when I had my service installed - I settled for a 522 for the second HDTV. I like north of Atlanta, where there's no way to get 129 due to tree cover. I've spent ~$200 in OTA stuff to get my HD locals. I called CS and was told $149 for a 622 to replace the 522. I called the executive office and was told the same thing! I subscribe to _everything_ - even some of, "a la carte" content. I'm not trying to be cheap - I'd be more than happy to pay, again, for a box I might own - but $149 (or even $99 or $49) for the pleasure of leasing a unit in order to get the additional HD service that I pay for seems a bit steep. All they have to do is ship the unit - I've already got everything just to unhook the 522 and replace the 622.

So I guess I'm curious - are there any cards I can play to get this thing reduced? Am I just being cheap? Is what I'm asking for reasonable? Does ceo@echostar go somewhere different from the same executive office I called? Thanks.

Unless you are already under one you could make a trade of sorts.... a free 622 in change for an 18 month agreement. No guarantee that would even work but it cant hurt to try. But then.... perhaps paying the $150 would be better.

In a roundabout way, if you sign up for the 18 month commitment/extension, it IS free. You pony up $150 initially, after the 622 is installed, $50 is automatically credited to your account, and the remaining $100 is credited at a prorated amount of $10/month for 10 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)