any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

Can confirm that the white AirTV tuner works with the Wally. Signal strength is approximately 10-20% higher than the single tuner I was using previously.

It does have the issues with the "signal
loss" message when changing channels, but that's really nothing new.

Edit: have been tuned to an OTA channel for approximately 1+ hour and I'm happy to report the unit runs nowhere near as hot as the previous dual tuner.

Seems like this one might be a winner, folks.

Last edited:
Yep, I can watch OTA via the 4K Joey so I am officially back to where I was three years ago when I signed up for the Hopper 3 & 4K Joey experience. The OTA was always iffy, except for three months with that one software version where OTA ran like it should have. The AirTV is cheaper than what I paid for the original Dish single tuner OTA module, too.

Now if Dish could only fix my OTA Channels guide, Life would be Good™

Unless one likes spending more money than needed, I don't see any reason not to get the AirTV adapter...unless you're big on color coordination,
han optimal results with the AirTV adapter. that is not my experience but

Well some are reporting less than optimal results with the Air TV adapter. That is not my experience but I think we can't say for certain it is equal to the DISH adapter.

Reactions: charlesrshell
han optimal results with the AirTV adapter. that is not my experience but

Well some are reporting less than optimal results with the Air TV adapter. That is not my experience but I think we can't say for certain it is equal to the DISH adapter.
We, maybe "we" can't, but I can, at least compared to my single tuner.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
We, maybe "we" can't, but I can, at least compared to my single tuner.

am with you KAB but some others are reporting it is not even as good as the old dual tuner much less the single tuner that almost all think was superior to the old dual.

am with you KAB but some others are reporting it is not even as good as the old dual tuner much less the single tuner that almost all think was superior to the old dual.
I've only found two who think it might not be as good, but there are several Kudos for the AirTV just in the last two or three days. Judging by appearance, I would be surprised if they are not both the same tuner, just different color and logo...and price!

I got my air tv tuner yesterday. Smaller than the newest Dish version, but it seems to work just as well
Just plugged it in to my HWS, rebooted & started watching/recording

I will keep both of my old single tuner units, but will gladly sell the original dual tuner

The old dual tuner which ran very hot was not as sensitive for weak signals versus the original single Dish tuner. I get TV signals from both Dayton and Columbus Ohio. The Old Dish dual tuner received 12 less channels than the original single Dish tuner. It ran hot and would have problems. Some guys with strong signals added coolers and they were able to get by.

I compared the new AirTV dual tuner with my original single Dish tuner. See the data in the chart in post 263. The new AirTV tuner had higher signal strengths than my original Dish single tuner.
Also no pixelation or audio breakups on recordings or when viewed on my Joey2. With the original single tuner, I had to tune the Hopper3 to an OTA channel to prevent the Joey2 from having problems. I don’t need to do this anymore. I am well pleased with the new AirTV tuner.
Plus it runs cool unlike the old Dish dual tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The old dual tuner which ran very hot was not as sensitive for weak signals versus the original single Dish tuner. I get TV signals from both Dayton and Columbus Ohio. The Old Dish dual tuner received 12 less channels than the original single Dish tuner. It ran hot and would have problems. Some guys with strong signals added coolers and they were able to get by.

I compared the new AirTV dual tuner with my original single Dish tuner. See the data in the chart in post 263. The new AirTV tuner had higher signal strengths than my original Dish single tuner.
Also no pixelation or audio breakups on recordings or when viewed on my Joey2. With the original single tuner, I had to tune the Hopper3 to an OTA channel to prevent the Joey2 from having problems. I don’t need to do this anymore. I am well pleased with the new AirTV tuner.
Plus it runs cool unlike the old Dish dual tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Good report, thanks.

Last night I watched a program that I accidentally found out was recorded under the new "Seek", which I love for the most part, DVR setting. Which having 16 tuners I don't why it did. Before I found out I thought I was just watching another questionable DISH channel recording. It wasn't good. Then when I found out it was OTA I really took a look at it. 1. It recorded with no special effort; 2. Audio was dropping constantly for just a second, still annoying; 3. I thought my glasses were uniquely dirty or I had too much to drink, but the picture had a, what I would use on photography as an effects filter of fine line screen. Even the text had a jagged edge and channels cut through it that would be this effect. This was on everything, the program, commercials, et al. This was the OTA dongle that I talked the Tech that came to install two UHF antennas, when it was suppose to be replace a failed original OTA module, into replacing the second one since it was from the same lot and might fail soon also. Yeh, not one of their better devices . . .

P.S.
I have been using the DVR recordings to tell me that a program is a available and go stream it from the TV itself or off my AppleTV 4K. The Last Ship off the ATV using the TNT app is amazing!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts