any chance for a new dual tuner ota dongle?

Just installed my AirTV. I did not have to do a channel scan, it kept the channels from my DISH dual channel adapter. Levels looks about the same, all channels are coming in. I am in a challenging OTA situation. Signal levels are at best 93, at worst 82. I'll just have to keep on watching to see the difference. Replaced adapter had occasional pixelation on some of the stronger channels.

Not really that strange. Companies often sell identical or nearly identical products at different price points. Look at the auto industry. Plymouth?Dodge for years and all those legacy GM nameplates) Not sure here if the AIrTV adapter is identical to the dish branded one. They look similar but there may be different firmware in there.

Hey, this ain't Plymouth, Dodge, or GM we're talking about. This is Charlie.

I received the AirTV Dual Adapter today and did a comparison with my original Dish Single Tuner Adapter.
I did scans using both between 1-1:30 PM today to minimize atmospheric conditions affecting the signals.
For most channels the AirTV Dual Adapter gives the same or higher signal strengths than the original Dish Single Adapter.
I got 51 channels with each adapter. I have attached a file with my results below.
Channel 32 is a low power channel and I generally lose that signal quite often. It has a lot of ethnic channels.
Both adapters run very cool.
I no longer own the original Dish dual adapter which ran very very hot. I got rid of it since it would only pick up 38 channels.

Attachments

• OTA Adapter Comparison.pdf
    93.2 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: TheKrell
Received my two airtv adapters directly from Dish network last evening replacing a single tuner adapter. Only plugged in one thus far - No rescanning. I’ll play with it a bit more tonight.

So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Got my AirTV dongle installed. No better or worse than old single tuner. Signals are strong and right in line with before, and no more glitching, which is all I care about. And, paying $30 less than the Lark is good, too!

Last edited:
I guess they figure people still paying for satellite service are willing to open their wallets a little more than Sling customers.

Before I order this (which I probably will anyway...I'm an engineer and have to see things for myself), will this solve the glitching problem that has been ongoing with the Joeys? I currently have the old single OTA adapter, and the OTA is unwatchable on the Joeys (mostly good on the Hopper 3).

Good news! I have not been able to watch OTA locals with my Hopper 3 and original single-tuner OTA module for about a year. I could watch it on the Hopper 3 itself with an occasional break-up/glitch, but on my Joeys the OTA channels were completely unwatchable. I got the AirTV dual tuner today, plugged it in, rebooted and rescanned (I lost 6 channels that I had before, but they were fringe channels, and mostly junk anyway (home shopping)). The channels are coming in crystal clear on the Hopper 3 and all of the Joeys. I won't be totally convinced until I use it for a few days, but I am very optimistic.

Good news! I have not been able to watch OTA locals with my Hopper 3 and original single-tuner OTA module for about a year. I could watch it on the Hopper 3 itself with an occasional break-up/glitch, but on my Joeys the OTA channels were completely unwatchable. I got the AirTV dual tuner today, plugged it in, rebooted and rescanned (I lost 6 channels that I had before, but they were fringe channels, and mostly junk anyway (home shopping)). The channels are coming in crystal clear on the Hopper 3 and all of the Joeys. I won't be totally convinced until I use it for a few days, but I am very optimistic.
My single tuner is in the recycle tub!

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)