The OFFICIAL DISH / HBO Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My plan for dealing with HBO is to wait for GOT to return and subscribe (via Amazon channels or Hulu) long enough to catch up on GOT and a few other shows. Then they can go away for another year. This does require generous internet access.
That's how I'm doing it. Subscribing online streaming to see the few series I want to watch (Those I listed above and Westworld), then dropping it during the of seasons

Reactions: jannah and dishdude
Interesting strategy, I'd like to know what they think the impact Univision had on churn, and I don't think we've seen a quarterly report since the HBO debacle.

Breaking up these huge packages is something the entire industry is going to need to look at, I think it's pretty obvious people are unwilling to pay $100+ a month to watch 3-5 channels.
And that is an often repeated issue with customers I deal with. "I get 200 channels and watch 10 of them"

Reactions: pattykay
if they ever come back i want them to add Ultra 4k HD titles to their ondemand section like Epix has started doing

Reactions: HipKat
Should and do are two different things. Does HBO have any? Epic made an announcement, don’t recall HBO doing so.

If Starz/Encore and/or Epix and HDNet Movies go away, then I'll be getting Amazon Prime channels... I enjoy watching movies to much to be without some movie channels.
HDNet Movies is owned by the same company that owns AXS, and they seem to be on good terms with Dish, supplying content for the Dish Studio channel. Also, HDNet Movies is often used as a "replacement" fill-in channel in these kind of disputes. Dish just renewed their contract with Epix last year, so that likely is not going away any time soon, either.

if they ever come back i want them to add Ultra 4k HD titles to their ondemand section like Epix has started doing
If HBO does come back to the Hopper, I could see it coming back as an app only. Let HBO program the app and sell access to the content directly to subscribers, and HBO keeps all of the money. That sounds like a good deal to me.

If Starz/Encore and/or Epix and HDNet Movies go away, then I'll be getting Amazon Prime channels... I enjoy watching movies to much to be without some movie channels.
I think you could subscribe to Amazon Prime and netfix and maybe Hulu and/or HBO NOW instead of paying for HBO/Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, Epic and get all the same content while saving money.

HDNet Movies is owned by the same company that owns AXS, and they seem to be on good terms with Dish, supplying content for the Dish Studio channel. Also, HDNet Movies is often used as a "replacement" fill-in channel in these kind of disputes. Dish just renewed their contract with Epix last year, so that likely is not going away any time soon, either.
That's good to hear...I watch both quite a bit as well as Epix...

My wife and I tended to be starting watching at the end of each season, so I don’t think this will impact me too greatly. Just torrent GoT and call it a day.

However I do wonder how many will turn to piracy to see these shows. I myself am not impatient enough. I will just wait till they come available by some other means and binge watch them. I don't read spoilers but don't care if I hear them by accident.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

However I do wonder how many will turn to piracy to see these shows. I myself am not impatient enough. I will just wait till they come available by some other means and binge watch them. I don't read spoilers but don't care if I hear them by accident.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I'll pay-as-you-go for HBO NOW when there is something I want to see

Reactions: jannah and pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)