The OFFICIAL DISH / HBO Thread

Unless they completely fumble the ending there is no way that it will be outside the top 5. To me, Breaking Bad is still the best television ever produced start to finish.
I like GOT but top 5 is pretty high praise. Off the top of my head;
Hill Street Blues
Seinfeld
M*A*S*H
All in the Family
Sorpranos
West Wing

As always YMMV

LOTR bores me. SWMBO loves it. To me, it’s just “our handful of heroes gets attacked by thousands of bad guys, and win!” over and over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I like GOT but top 5 is pretty high praise. Off the top of my head;
Hill Street Blues
Seinfeld
M*A*S*H
All in the Family
Sorpranos
West Wing

As always YMMV
Wow, the only one on your list that I would include is Sopranos and it is well below both Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Don't get me wrong, Seinfeld was fantastic and I rarely see a rerun in the guide where I can keep myself from stopping and watching, but I can't put a comedy in the top. MASH, All in the Family and Hill Street Blues were before my time (although I've watched the majority of All in the Family) so I can't legitimately comment. I do not understand the fascination with West Wing. You are not alone in your praise so I understand I'm an outlier from popular opinion here, but I've watched it and it just isn't very good to me.

Wow, the only one on your list that I would include is Sopranos and it is well below both Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Don't get me wrong, Seinfeld was fantastic and I rarely see a rerun in the guide where I can keep myself from stopping and watching, but I can't put a comedy in the top. MASH, All in the Family and Hill Street Blues were before my time (although I've watched the majority of All in the Family) so I can't legitimately comment. I do not understand the fascination with West Wing. You are not alone in your praise so I understand I'm an outlier from popular opinion here, but I've watched it and it just isn't very good to me.
MASH and All In The Family are the best Sitcoms, ever. Ever. Cheers and Seinfeld would be in my top 5, probably

What is it that you are disagreeing with? Both of his statements are 100% factual.
Not even close. The last episode of Mash was watched by 106 million. GOT never had more than 15 million. There are so many TV shows that had larger audiences and longer runs than GOT. SNL and Frazier have more Emmy wins and Nominations.

Reactions: reddice
Not even close. The last episode of Mash was watched by 106 million. GOT never had more than 15 million. There are so many TV shows that had larger audiences and longer runs than GOT. SNL and Frazier have more Emmy wins and Nominations.

You are missing two very important points. First, not even close to a fair comparison as it is on a premium network. Second, piracy. Episode 1 of season 7 was downloaded over 187 million times. And the 7th season has over 1 Billion downloads (with a B) when you add up the 7 episodes.

You guys are all crazy. The top five shows of all time (for me, anyway) are:

Smallville
Animaniacs
Mythbusters
Mystery Science Theater 3000
The Flash

Point of pride moment. I can truthfully say that I have never watched a single episode of any of those.

Reactions: Elsguy
Mythbusters should have been sued out of existence. BAD science. BAD recommendations. I had my doubts, but after their STUPID findings that sinking ships can’t drag you under- well, I’ll take the Navy’s word on that, and survivors, over two idiots.

Just couldn’t stand them after that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I asked a Dish retention rep, what's going to happen if HBO/CINEMAX come back to Dish, because I am not sure I want to continue pay for HBO/Cinemax, he said (and of course take it for what its worth) that all subs will be given a choice should they want it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)