Any Chance of Getting MLB Extra Innings Back?

DISH lost money with it, so my guess not a chance. Besides that you don't need DISH to have it unless you do not have sufficient bandwidth. With DISH starting to develop online programming, carrying something that is very well suited to online and takes so much bandwidth if in HD would make no sense.

If they could work with MLB and develop an APP for the Hopper that brings the content from the internet, that would be a possibility. But even that is duplication, as the Roku is well suited for that, as are computers, tablets, etc...

MLB.tv

I have been using my Roku with great success to get my games. Doesn't matter if Dish puts an app on the Hopper or not. Don't need EI at all anymore

I have been using my Roku with great success to get my games. Doesn't matter if Dish puts an app on the Hopper or not. Don't need EI at all anymore

The problem with solutions like Roku is that you're restricted to watching games in the room that it's hooked up. My fellow married men will understand that you can't just monopolize one room which is why I need an option that can be available on all of my tv's.

Don't think it will be back. If it didn't come back during the MLB network stuff, don't think it will now

The problem with solutions like Roku is that you're restricted to watching games in the room that it's hooked up. My fellow married men will understand that you can't just monopolize one room which is why I need an option that can be available on all of my tv's.

The only option would be to get more than one Roku. You can get the cheaper 720p models for around $50. I think that's what MLB.tv streams in anyways.

Or if you have an older laptop or desktop dedicate to or hook it to a TV. I did for using my Slingbox for years till WD Live got the App.

I definitely understand where you are coming from with regard to needing a flexible option that works on any tv.

One option that hasn't been mentioned yet is playon. While it is clunkier than most other interfaces and requires a PC running the playon server, it DOES allow content to be accessed using DLNA on any Hopper or Joey.

Mlb.tv Can be watched anywhere. Tablet, laptop, pc, phone. So in essence you could watch it on your tablet or laptop with your headphones on while laying in bed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)