Any changes in the radio channel???

drfreeman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 17, 2004
it would be nice to get some talk radio type channel on sky angel...
not sure if this is even possible

or what radio channels would you all like to see on sky angel...
i listen to bott,way-fm and thats about it..
Dan

As a rule, I don't listen to the audio channels on Dish or Sky Angel. I used to like Sonshine radio (now His Kids Radio) at night. Soothing music to sleep by. But I haven't done that in ages.

But I'm sure some here like to listen to the radio on TV.

See ya
Tony

Salem Radio has a 'Christian' talk feed that might work. (homepage here)
USA Radio has a 24hr network too. (homepage here)
Both networks are popular on Christian stations.

Salem Radio is the provider of the Today's Christian Music and Solid Gospel feeds on SkyAngel. These music feeds are syndicated (via AMC3) to radio stations that insert their own Legal IDs and commercials and talkover IDs (you can hear gaps and empty beds on the SkyAngel versions if you pay attention).
Salem Music Networks

JL

Radio Channels

I love the SA radio channels, especially Oasis, Moody, Sacred Favorites, Bott, and Family Radio. I attached an FM transmitter to my Dish receiver which allows me to transmit SA audio to every radio in my house. Now I listen to the radio channels all the time!

jholland said:
I love the SA radio channels, especially Oasis, Moody, Sacred Favorites, Bott, and Family Radio. I attached an FM transmitter to my Dish receiver which allows me to transmit SA audio to every radio in my house. Now I listen to the radio channels all the time!

My wife and I love the radio channels as well. I also use an FM transmitter (FCC part 15 compliant) to broadcast the audio channels around the house, it makes these channels much more valuable.

Did you buy a kit from a company such as Ramsey, or did you purchase an assembled unit from C. Crane Radio? I built a Ramsey FM10, a North Country Radio MPX 96 and am presently building a Ramsey FM30.

Jeff

I really like RadioU and WAYFM, TCM and Solid Gospel, I sometimes listen to AFR, KSBJ and CSN (when they have Praise Music)

I bought an assembled Ramsey FM25B. I love it! Completely changed how I use my Sky Angel service. I first bought a Crane, but reception was not very good. It is perfect with the Ramsey.

Question: Will it have a negative impact on the life of the transmitter if I leave it turned on all the time? (Stupid question?)

Janet

jholland said:
I bought an assembled Ramsey FM25B. I love it! Completely changed how I use my Sky Angel service. I first bought a Crane, but reception was not very good. It is perfect with the Ramsey.

Question: Will it have a negative impact on the life of the transmitter if I leave it turned on all the time? (Stupid question?)

Janet

Not at all, mine is on 24/7, just so you are not causing your neighbors any interference to their favorite radio station.

Thanks for the info on the Crane unit, I take it that it's not worth buying? The Ramsey is obviously more powerful, but still FCC part 15 compliant if operated according to the owners manual.

Go ahead and enjoy Sky Angel radio 24 hours a day :)

Jeff

The Ramsey is much more powerful. I struggled to get a clear signal with the Crane, couldn't maintain it, couldn't get it on all radios in the house. I get perfect reception with the Ramsey. I called neighbors to ask what FM stations they listen to, then I made sure I could still get those stations clearly in my own house when my transmitter is on. No complaints from anyone. It was a challenge, as there is almost no open frequency I could use in our area. I am using 88.7.

I also bought extra Sky Angel remote controls so I can change the channel from several rooms in my house. Awesome!

I've seen your name on SA boards for years. I came on early, too, with a lifetime subscription. Do you have cable or satellite beyond SA? And what are your favorite radio channels?

jholland said:
The Ramsey is much more powerful. I struggled to get a clear signal with the Crane, couldn't maintain it, couldn't get it on all radios in the house. I get perfect reception with the Ramsey. I called neighbors to ask what FM stations they listen to, then I made sure I could still get those stations clearly in my own house when my transmitter is on. No complaints from anyone. It was a challenge, as there is almost no open frequency I could use in our area. I am using 88.7.

I also bought extra Sky Angel remote controls so I can change the channel from several rooms in my house. Awesome!

I've seen your name on SA boards for years. I came on early, too, with a lifetime subscription. Do you have cable or satellite beyond SA? And what are your favorite radio channels?

Thanks for the info on your experience with the Crane transmitter. I won't recommend it to friends.

I also subscribe to Dish AT120 and own a 508 DVR which replaced our original 3000 receiver. I may down grade to the AT60 package once again and also sub to locals, but I'm not sure yet.

My wife's favorite radio channel is AFR and KSBJ, mine is also KSBJ and Z-73. There are times that we listen to other radio channels as well, they are all very good.

How did you purchase your Ramsey transmitter assembled? I know they offer some products assembled, but I thought most of the transmitters were only in kit form. Also, what was the assembled price? Thanks

Jeff

I bought both the Crane and the Ramsey from Hobbytron on-line. Returned the Crane, of course. I had problems with my first Ramsey cutting out a lot and ended up returning it after a month. Haven't had any problems with the replacement, bought it in January.

I paid $179 plus shipping for the Ramsey.

My Dish receiver is also a 508 with DVR. I also have local digital cable with DVR capability.

And this will make you laugh. We also used to have Direct TV because we are Indianapolis Colts season ticket holders. We wanted the NFL package. Don't have that right now, but for awhile there, we had cable plus two 18" dishes!! Our house glowed . . . :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)