Any Costco 921 sightings yet?

eilopez99

Original poster
May 22, 2004
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has seen 921's at their respective Costco's. I'm in the pasadena, CA area and haven't seen any in my area. All they have are blisterpacks of programming options. Hope someone else has had luck in their area.

Regards,

eric

eilopez99 said:
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has seen 921's at their respective Costco's. I'm in the pasadena, CA area and haven't seen any in my area. All they have are blisterpacks of programming options. Hope someone else has had luck in their area.

Regards,

eric
Costco just got the 921 in today 12-05-04, will cost $489

Where do they have them, with the dvd recorders?

Is one sitting on display or is it just boxes.

Crap!

Cyclone looks at his $571 921 bill in one hand, and his Costco card in the other.

Oh well, at least I supported Dishstore.net.

C Diddy said:
Has this been confirmed? Has anyone seen this to be true? If so, I'll be buying one this afternoon.

Yes it's true. Purchased mine yesterday from a costco in SoCal. I called a couple of stores in my area (pasadena, ca) and got mixed results. Some stores had them, while other stores didn't and said they would not be getting them anytime soon.

FYI the item # is 855194 if you want to call your local costco.

Best of luck,

eric

eilopez99 said:
Yes it's true. Purchased mine yesterday from a costco in SoCal. I called a couple of stores in my area (pasadena, ca) and got mixed results. Some stores had them, while other stores didn't and said they would not be getting them anytime soon.

Best of luck,

eric

Excellent, thanks for the info. I'll be calling my Costco's to see if any have it in.

Appreciate the help!

BTW I just talked to someone at Dish about this.. The cost from COSTCO is supposed to be $549. It sounds like someone screwed up somewhere.

Well hopefully you didn't just blow it, way to go ;)

Costco can really charge what they want, they have less overhead and mebership, that's why it should be lower.

I received a phone call from store employee who had promised to call me when they came in, they are in . This is in the Reno,Nv. Costco

eilopez99 said:

Best of luck,

eric

How much did you pay?

-Mark

San Jose Almaden store has some units.

There was a problem with some of the installation certificates in the 921 boxes, the numbers got overprinted and can't be read. If this happens to you, contact the main costco member services # (it's printed on your receipt), and ask them to check with buyer about how to resolve it. In my case, he referred me to someone at Dish Network who arranged for the installation for me. I must say I was impressed at how quickly it all got resolved, kudos to both Costco and Dish Network.

I went to the Costco in Gaithersburg MD today. No Dish Network receivers to be found. They did have promotion display set up with info though. Nothing specificially about the 921.

Just bought one at the costco in Temecula ca. There are three or four left.

Question about the HD pac, is that included in the "all everything" pac or is it 9.95 extra, can't find anything on the E* site that addresses this

thanks

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)