Any current "Exclusive" Dish customer offers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TowJumper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 29, 2003
Macon, Ga
Any current "Exclusive" Dish customer offers?

Specifically, one that allows for the 721 at a great price with no commitment?

TIA

AA:

Thanks for the post, I saw the 721 deal but I will not sign for a year with Dish (although that is a reasonable term for the good price) since I am considering a switch in the near future if Dish cannot get local listings done.

Sure there are "exclusive" deals,

As an exisiting customer you get the "exclusive" opportunity to pay full price for everything!

Dish doesn't seem to "get it", exisiting customers are your best customers, because they *are* customers, as opposed to *possible* customers.

Dish needs to go to "customer service" school.

Sorry, but couldn't help the jibe at Dish... and I'm a "customer"!

I think dish offers some great existing customer deals. First the 6000 for $150, then the 811 for $150, and now the $721 for $250. Heck the first 2 deals didn't even require a 1 year commitment, and maybe they will offer the $721 for like $200 for those "good" customers. They also offer a good deal on the 510, but less so since they charge the PVR fee on that.

Hmmm, true about the HD pack, but I still think $150 for an HD receiver is not too bad of a deal. Considering most people that did sign up new also received a similar discount to begin with, I think dish is fair with their current customer promotions.

I agree that their offers are a great value on the face of it, assuming you receive
equipment that actually works properly. Second, the deals on HD STB's are somewhat diminished by Dish's lack of commitment to HD programming.

Yes, as I said above the deals (I took the 6000 and the 811) have been great except the 811 problems.

Very good deals in my opinion.

Just wondering if there were any new ones since my 5000 is dying and getting stuck with Dish at this point for a year or more is questionable given recent events *IMO*.

TowJumper said:
... I will not sign for a year with Dish (although that is a reasonable term for the good price) since I am considering a switch in the near future if Dish cannot get local listings done.

Marko you sound new to DISH. That GREAT deal on 6000 receivers was to clear out dead inventory. The receiver had been out of production for over a year before the clearance price, some of the bargain units were remanufactured. The bargin price on 811's came with some extended waits for installation and many so far unresolved bugs. Yes the price was "GOOD" but I would rather "PAY" for a Directv receiver that works out of the box. Especially seeing you can tune OTA HDTV on Directv without the satellite requirement that DISH has.

boba said:
Marko you sound new to DISH. That GREAT deal on 6000 receivers was to clear out dead inventory. The receiver had been out of production for over a year before the clearance price, some of the bargain units were remanufactured. The bargin price on 811's came with some extended waits for installation and many so far unresolved bugs. Yes the price was "GOOD" but I would rather "PAY" for a Directv receiver that works out of the box. Especially seeing you can tune OTA HDTV on Directv without the satellite requirement that DISH has.

Nah, not new. And great is a little strong of a word to describe the offers dish had. The 6000 receiver, while I had it, was not a bad receiver except for the loud noise. If I could take the picture the 6000 put out, and combine it with the 811 features (simultaneous output/ guide) and lack of noise, well, I would be 100% happy. But point noted about the bugs and delay time. But for day to day watching of tv over component, the 811 has been great for me.

Also, at the time I ordered these receivers, directv had no HD receiver offer at decent prices (I think minimum was $400??). Now, I guess they do offer them at reasonable prices, so an actual switch is more reasonable for people. Although I still am not sure what directv was thinking not offereing firewire on the HD tivo. (at least dish tried :) )

So do ALL customers that take CC autopay and AT60 for a year qualify for the promotion or do those that took a special DVR promotion in the past not be able to get it and is it another one of those ''special'' deals where only certain customers would qualify? If that is the case then how would the retailer know if the customer would qualify or not?

Dish has some nice packages for "returning" customers. I left when an hd upgrade was going to cost me out of pocket after being a loyal customer for 2 years. Now that I have been gone for 4 months, the upgrade is free and there is no commitment required to re-connect.

Would have been easier just to take care of me as a customer, but least this way it all worked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)