Any DISH retailers out there? DSL portal question...

PowerCommunications

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2006
Rockford, IL
Last Thursday DISH launched the new GetConnected portal for retailers to offer DSL. Has anybody else tried using this? Any luck? It seems to me like everything else when they first launch it- crap. I have typed in addresses that I KNOW have DSL available and it tells me there are no services available at that address. I was just wondering if anybody else has had a better experience?

Thanks
-Adam

I have tried it on a few addresses and it has not found service for any of the addresses, yet I know DSL is available there, (3 of them HAVE DSL already!)

Thanks for letting me know. I thought I was going crazy...well actually I am because this won't work, but that's another story. LOL. We would sell so much more DISH with internet available.....

A lot of DSL service is based on home phone number, not home address. Some of the phone companies won't even sell DSL unless the customer also has a home phone account with them. I think that Qwest and maybe Verizon will sell DSL by itself, but most of the others require the home phone. That may be why the GetConnected portal wasn't working for you, if you were only entering an address.