Any ETA on new VOOM Software?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

axxess

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Livermore,CA
Just checking if anyone knows of an ETA on the new software that will let you scan for OTA channels
It's been 3 weeks and voom still won't remap me so that i can receive OTA channels
Absoluly Zero effort to get my OTA chans working from installation date till present
They got 1 more week before i cancel :mad:

ok ok...after reading through the forums i see that this is a duplicate post and nobody really knows....sorry bout that..

Still cant figure why that if my installer knows that i should be mapped for a different area (Sacramento) instead of San Francisco why they dont send it out properly mapped and the fact that the CSR told me it would take a week to have it fixed and its been 3 just sets me off...

Have u emailed Wilt?

He has helped several others in the same boat.

Also, there is a note on the front page of Sguys (Tuesday's Newsbits) that reads:

VOOM software update coming soon!

We are hearing the rumors that a new VOOM software upgrade is coming VERY SOON! (possibly within 48 hours!)

This new software will add some exciting new features to the VOOM receiver including the ability to scan for Over the Air digital channels.

Check out our VOOM Forum for more information (and check out the new look for our VOOM forum as well!)

I've been waiting 2 weeks for my remap also. CSR said they would call back within 24 hours.............wonder if he meant 24 weeks.

axxes,

there are a lot of people in the same boat as you so you are not along in this. If you have sent me your full address and which local channels you are missing from your mapping, I have already requested it. If not you can either email me or Wilt and the request will be put in.

I was told early last week by a few contacts (all in the call centers) that they were just trained on the new software and that they were told that the new software would be made available around June 29th.

This is why I reported what I did.

From what I know now the release was held back as VOOM has a few extra fixes they feel they can squeeze into this update.

I do hope it comes soon, I am looking forward to OTA scanning. There are a lot of stations I can get but my VOOM box does not map those stations. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I was told early last week by a few contacts (all in the call centers) that they were just trained on the new software and that they were told that the new software would be made available around June 29th.

This is why I reported what I did.

From what I know now the release was held back as VOOM has a few extra fixes they feel they can squeeze into this update.

I do hope it comes soon, I am looking forward to OTA scanning. There are a lot of stations I can get but my VOOM box does not map those stations. :)
If they are "squeezing" then there must be a new deadline. Any ETA on the new voom software? (as the thread title says).

vurbano said:
If they are "squeezing" then there must be a new deadline. Any ETA on the new voom software? (as the thread title says).

Any ETA on Voom finally getting their act together? Yeah, I know- not in this lifetime.

Seawaves said:
Any ETA on Voom finally getting their act together? Yeah, I know- not in this lifetime.

Really,
If this is the way people feel about voom's service, then why not try a different service until you find one that you like. If their customer services is really that bad, then I guess I have been lucky as I have a second receiver on the way with the fee waived ;) .

Wayne

vurbano, at this rate they will never get anything finished as they must have been "squeezing" a few extra fixes for 2 months now. Nothing will get released if they keep adding more and more things to it.

At some point someone at VOOM needs to say "stop" it's done, if there is anything new that needs done it will be added to the next one or if it is pressing problem then lets work on a mini release and try to get it done in a few weeks. It's finished lets move on to the next project.

TechCop said:
He has helped several others in the same boat.

Also, there is a note on the front page of Sguys (Tuesday's Newsbits) that reads:

Thanks alot i will email wilt asap

Dreedy said:
Really,
If this is the way people feel about voom's service, then why not try a different service until you find one that you like. If their customer services is really that bad, then I guess I have been lucky as I have a second receiver on the way with the fee waived ;) .

Wayne

The thing is i really do want to be a voom customer I love their HD compared to my cable service and i am basically trying out this service (voom) I have even hung on to my old cable service just in case and the fact that my wife would kill me if she couldnt watch some of the programming offered on the locals. Which is also why im in such a rush to get things solved because right now i am paying both bills :(

axxess said:
The thing is i really do want to be a voom customer I love their HD compared to my cable service and i am basically trying out this service (voom) I have even hung on to my old cable service just in case and the fact that my wife would kill me if she couldnt watch some of the programming offered on the locals. Which is also why im in such a rush to get things solved because right now i am paying both bills :(

I understand completely. Are you trying to get your locals re-maped for a different area?

WAyne

Why the same question over and over......

The answer is "in about 2 weeks" .... looks like you will have to cancel....

jimboeau said:
Why the same question over and over......

The answer is "in about 2 weeks" .... looks like you will have to cancel....

I apologized for making a dup post soon after posting..

and yup looks like it

Tic, Tock, Tick, Tock
----------------------------
"How long will you be staying here on Mars?"
"Two Weeks"
"umm, urrrr"
"Two Weeks"
"arug, gurr"
"Two Weeks"
"Two Weeks"
"Two Weeks"
"Say goodbye boys"
[explosion]

Paraphrase from the Govenator movie Total Recall :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)