Any experiences with this dealer???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

navagator

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Hi,

I've decided to purchase a Pansat 2800A and found that most internet dealers price them at $139.99 with free shipping.

However I found the "Pansat Pro" website which offers the 2800A for $125.00 + $20.00 shipping. This ends up being about $5.00 more but they offer a 5 year waranty on their receivers. The extra 3 years of waranty seems to be a pretty good deal for the extra 5 bucks.

I was just curious if anyone has had any experiences with this dealer?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Doug

Im not much for dealer warrenties. reputable manufacturers warrenty is great sure, but many of these small dealers come and go. getting them to warrenty the product even if they are in business can be tuff.

Honestly, for those sort of prices, you might keep looking til you find a good deal on a 3500... that's what I have, and I love the fact that it's got an sd card that lets me move files to and from computer real easy.... but it's up to you since it's your money. Don't we all always have advice for others on how to spend their money?... lol

Do you honestly think this dealer is going to be there in 5 years to honor the warranty?

#1 The average satellite retailer is in business only 18 months, and the few who do make it past the 18 months like me have been around for over 10 years.

#2 In 5 years the Pansat 2800A is going to be obselete, and more than likely you will decide to junk the receiver before attempting to warranty it.

#3 90% of all the FTA receivers produced today are being used to steal subscription based television service, and because of this the Free to Air market has been booming with tons of dealers. The second there is a perminent solution to disable the illegal software, a good majority of these dealers will close shop and there goes your warranty.

#4 The warranty on any product is really as only as good as whats offered by the manufacture

Claude -
Why don't you add a broad line of FTA receivers?
Everything else is in place: web site, advertizing, good rep. . . :up
And then you'd have an excuse to offer NW 129º Dish customers a cheap 30-36" solution for their weak signal.

And, I'm with MasterMesh on getting more receiver for your money.
Unless you absolutely, positively, need a feature of the 2800/3500, give some thought to something like the Visionsat IV200.
It's not much more, seems to be well reviewed, and by adding an external USB drive, you've got a PVR.

I grabbed a Mercury II for about half price a few months ago.
(thanks to a helpful fellow SatGuys shopper for finding 'em!)
It's got Svideo and Component outputs.
The 3500 probably does, too.

I'd certainly put the 3500sd and the Merc II on my short list for new receiver selection, if I were getting my first box.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I decided to take your advice and check out the Visionsat IV200 and was impressed by what I read. I never really give much thought to a reciever with PVR capability before, but after some thought I beleive it might be a feature I would really enjoy.

I purchased a Visionsat IV200 on Ebay a couple of days ago from a Visionsat authorized dealer and I got a really good buy.

Can't wait to get it.

I really appreciate everyones help.

Regards,
Doug

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)