Any experimenters interested? Commercial digital audio receiver(s)

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
With the upgrade (??) of our satellite receivers at two stations, we have two audio satellite receivers which may do more than they did for us! They were used on 139 west for network audio...but...what's cool is these appear to be full computers tailored to capture commercials through a connection to the internet, then integrated onto the internal hard drive and play back into continuous stream, like in a newscast. They were used by one of our program suppliers, which opted after a recent buyout of their company to use a different kind of receiver. Before you ask, yes, we have permission to dispose of these....it's verified in numerous conversations with the supplier. (A terrible waste by a major corporation, considering they could have been the heroes and spent the money to have them recycled.)

I hate throwing things out. Have a pair of these for the experimenter in you.

MINIMAL $50 for the pair price, buyer pays shipping. Average rack-mount item weight. UPS probably best.
I'm intrigued by the fact it has video out and full PC connections, plus the DBV-S2 front panel designation. Perhaps they can be reprogrammed for other audio or PC services.....
Selling for the EXPERIMENTAL value only! Sale will help us get back the cost of multiple times we've had to swap receivers and pay our engineer to configure due to our network's rough launch of the new system!

They may be usable for SOMETHING, may be just for the curious satellite and computer experimenter.

Read SOME about 'em here....and PM if interested!

http://setupmax.com/pdf/max_quick_start_guide.pdf

100_1875.JPG 100_1876.JPG

Reactions: Mr Tony
Interesting that they have a 1394 firewire port on the back. How hard is it to pop the cover off of one, maybe snap a picture of the insides and get an idea of what type of computer board it is?

Hope this helps! Not a power house, but....odd arrangement! Room for a right andled PCI addition...(video card??)
NO charge for the dust. Since the motherboard has to be removed to put the processor back ON (nuts underneath for the screws) We'll secure the one we removed. It's shown under a batch of wires. The firewire and many of the other things are "on board" the motherboard. NO extra charge for the dust, remember, as affiliates we were NOT supposed to open this thing at all while it was being actively used as our satellite receiver.
100_1904.JPG 100_1905.JPG 100_1906.JPG

Thanks for the pictures, that is odd!

They'd be too slow for what I had in mind, unfortunately. :( I was thinking that being rack mount and a computer they might be good for a few Linux projects I have in mind and not take up much space at a low cost, but the 1.7 GHZ P4 and only one DIMM slot is a killer on that, especially the one DIMM.

Looks like a SO-DIMM socket on the other side of the board, maybe for video? Definitely interesting, thanks again for taking the time to take the pictures of the inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts