any flexibility with local channel regions?

JayBob

Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
I'm trying to help my (technology-fearful) parents get set up with Dish. Their big hangup is that they won't be able to get the Memphis local channels because Dish has them mapped in a Paducah, KY zone.

I checked out the local map on ekb.dbstalk.com and they happen to live right on the (wrong side) of the border between these two local areas.

Does anyone know a way to work around this with Dish? Can the local boundaries be changed or something?

As a sidenote, DirecTV puts them in their Memphis local channel area.

Thanks,

JayBob

Do a search on moving & your questions should all be answered.

Here is a pretty comprehensive how-to, complete w/cons from non-mover do-gooders:

http://www.dbsforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15889&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

FWIW - I don't blame your parents for wanting Memphis. I got a taste of the Paducah DMA when I was down at SIU-C & thought they were WORSE than our lousy stations up here in Springfield/Champaign, even though we are a smaller market than Paducah. Site unseen, I'd take Memphis in a heartbeat. ;) :)

I find it interesting that D* and E* are showing different DMAs for the same address.

Shows just how screwed up things are.

For example, a couple of months ago, I created two accounts at the same time whose addresses were in the same zip code and physically about a half-mile apart. One qualified for the Colorado Springs locals, the other for Denver. If it matters (ha!), the Denver one was farther from Denver than the C.S. one, and vice versa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts