Any FP/ZK 4DTV DCII signals on Ku band?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sgs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
Hi everyone,

First post :eek:

I recently used the Map Master software and updated the maps/channels of my DSR 922. I've been able to find a bunch of FP/ZK (free to air) channels on different satellites using my C-band LNBF. However, I'm wondering if it's worth trying to find anything on Ku for the 4DTV? Are there any known channels using Ku-band on various satellites that are free to air for 4DTV?

Thanks!
sgs

nothing that I know of

When the Hits2Home stuff moved from 99W KU to 105W C-Band that left Georgia PBS and Oklahoma PBS as the last 2 items
Georgia PBS went fibre
Oklahoma went DVB-S2 on 125W

@ Ice: Do you know why Hits2Home switched to C band? Considering the lower cost and ease of setting up a decent Ku system, I'd argue Ku would lead to more potential subs as compared to C-band.

Cheers, K

Kraven said:
@ Ice: Do you know why Hits2Home switched to C band? Considering the lower cost and ease of setting up a decent Ku system, I'd argue Ku would lead to more potential subs as compared to C-band.

Cheers, K

Because small cable headends were sick of rain knocking out there customers.

The only reason it was KU was to support the DSR-410 which took the old analog system and new hits service from sat. Which I think is funny you call your cable company to add this new "digital cable" and they install a 1 meter dish in your yard.

Wasnt it also due to Comcast buying H2H?

The only reason it was KU was to support the DSR-410 which took the old analog system and new hits service from sat. Which I think is funny you call your cable company to add this new "digital cable" and they install a 1 meter dish in your yard.
yup. That was interesting setup. It was for cable companies who couldnt upgrade their system to digital so you had analog cable and then the "digital" channels (what is on H2H) was sent via dish.

Wasnt it also due to Comcast buying H2H?

Perhaps but Comcast bought them in 2002. I don't think we will ever know. But I think it may have had more to do with Motorola stopping production of the dsr-410 and small systems bitching about the rain knocking out their customers on dsr-470's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)