Any free previews coming up?

We should be getting the free preview of the MLB EI package right after the all-star game, promoting the hlaf season price

pjm8047 said:
no movie channels?HBO,SHO

Not really a free preview, but if you order HBO&Showtime for 3 months you can get a $50 cash card from mastercard

I was wondering about this but didn't want to ask because I used to start threads about this all the time lol. I would like a free movie channel preview soon but it doesn't appear it will be one.

FYI, the MLB Extra Innings free preview for July 14th-July 18th is listed on the Dish Network website.

Free preview of Alpha ETC Punjabi - channels 622 / 807 (148/61.5 / 121) .. starting tomorrow or Thursday

Just curious..when dishnet gives free preview channels, will they send signal to unlock them for all customers or will they just broadcast those channels unencrypted.

True

BFG said:
The just give a temporary sub to unsubbed customers, they still stay encrypted
Right, I remember on my 522, when they gave us a free Showtime/Max/Sundance/etc. preview weekend in early March, I looked ahead at the guide a couple days earlier and saw the red channels had changed to light blue. I was able to schedule recordings on these channels a couple days before. Looking further ahead past the weekend, I could see they turned red again a few hours after the preview ended.

Trace Tv

There's a free preview of TRACE TV on channel 575 if u can see the 61.5 or 148 orbital locations. It is hyped as a 24 music video station broadcast live from Paris. But it is real lame; same format as IMF; You might catch a cool video inbetween Mariah Carey and 50 cent.
About regular american channels; The big premiums like HBO and Showtime do a free week once or twice a year as needed. Showtime just had one in March that "coincided" with Kirstie Alley's Fat Actress launch. Sometimes they do it again in the fall, but not always.

Whatever........ :rolleyes:

Interactive PPV

Speaking of movie channels why can't they have some interactive PPV channels with a library of movies to watch?

Ray_Air said:
Speaking of movie channels why can't they have some interactive PPV channels with a library of movies to watch?

They're trying to do that with the 625's with movies on demand but they're charging too much ($2.99) for movies that are too old (Mallrats, The Breakfast Club, Jurassic Park & Jaws) I think they would be better served if they instead did on-demand content for free and depended less on the movies if this is all they can get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)