Any HD receivers with interactive and No DVR?

robert6715

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
Afognak island
Live remote in Alaska, so using satellite's 110, 119, 129. Looking to upgrade to HD, but dont want or need a DVR. looking to keep the interactive function working, so 211 receiver is out I am told???? Need to replace my old 301's.

Thanks Rob

You must be missing some satellites, then. I think the EPG is on all satellites, so a DVR should have a guide out 2 days or thereabouts. But the EEPG is not on all sats. Are you missing the satellite firmware downloads too?

I have a 211K, but have no idea what Weather Channel interactive is. Could someone provide a brief explanation? Thanks.

DISH HD RECEIVERS:
VIP 211 family non DVR but can be made into DVR.
VIP 612 Dual tuner DVR
VIP 622 Dual tuner DVR
VIP 722 Dual tuner DVR
VIP 722K Dual tuner DVR
VIP 922 Dual tuner DVR has been reported as discontinued
Hopper 3 tuner DVR
Hopper with Sling 3 tuner DVR

CH213 and a little patience while it downloads.

No 213 on my Hopper. On a Hopper, Blue button, move over to the Weather Channel App, Select. Max app by pressing Blue again. Arrow over to locations and you can add 4 more locations. There you can add up to 4 more cities. Then Bue minimizes and you can then move back and forth thru the cities.

CH213 and a little patience while it downloads.

That is so cool. Worked like a charm. Or there any other 21st century features on my 211K I need to know about? Any other interactive free channels?

Thanks for your reply.

You must be missing some satellites, then. I think the EPG is on all satellites, so a DVR should have a guide out 2 days or thereabouts. But the EEPG is not on all sats. Are you missing the satellite firmware downloads too?

Not sure what the EPG is. The guide works fine. I live in a very remote Alaskan "village" with a population of 10. The set up we use is very unique - 5 households share 1 - 6 foot dish for 110 and 119, and another 6 foot dish for 129. A total of 8 receivers on 5 separate accounts. 2 of the accounts have VIP612 DVR's , and neither one works properly (you can record what you watch, but you CANNOT record and watch something else). Check switch shows all 3 satellite's green. Tech flew out here from Anchorage (at great expense), looked everything over, switched out the DVR's, peaked the dish's, and determined if we want DVR's to work we need at least 2 more 6 foot dish's, apparently to much traffic on just the two dish's????????? If you go around and turn off all the receivers except one DVR, then it works as advertised. Kinda reiterating what the tech said.

Like I said above in post #8 my situation is VERY unique. The reason we all share a dish is because where the dish's have to point is blocked by a mountain. To get far enough away from the mountain to get the signal, the dish is almost in the ocean. Alaska elevation angle is something like 12 degrees. Very hard to get over a 1800 foot horizon (Mountain) when your at sea level, and live on the ocean.

Thanks for the help, sounds like 211k is what I will go with.

Rob

Sounds like the dvr receivers are only getting one feed from the sats, with no separator. The lnb's being used must be either legacy or DP.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Both VIP612 dvr's have DPP seperator's with both tuner's hooked up, and the LNB's are DP

Rob

Both VIP612 dvr's have DPP seperator's with both tuner's hooked up, and the LNB's are DP

A separator won't work to feed both tuners without a DishPro Plus switch at the head end. I see a DPP44 in your future. Or maybe the cheaper DPP33 if you can find one for the 2 dual-tuner receivers. What switches are you running now? DP34's? I ran happily for years with a DP34 cascaded to a DPP33.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)